Topic: Swearer Center for Public Service

Radical Monarchs talk sisterhood, social justice

News, University News

October 4, 2018 0 comments

Radical Monarchs co-founders Anayvette Martinez and Marilyn Hollinquest kicked off a revelatory and reflective evening Wednesday night by asking audience members to imagine themselves as eleven year olds again.

Prabhdeep Kehal GS and Cadence Willse GS are participating in a two-year program through the Swearer Center for Public Service to understand sustainable relationships between the University and the community.

News, University News

Swearer Center fellowship focuses on community engagement

March 20, 2018 0 comments

Cadence Willse GS and Prabhdeep Kehal GS are the first graduate fellows to join the Swearer Center for Public Service’s new two-year program in Community Engaged Scholarship.

University program provides public service immersion in D.C.

News, University News

March 20, 2018 0 comments

Every semester, a group of students heads down to Washington, where they have the chance to immerse themselves in the world of public service on Capitol Hill and receive credit for their adventures.

University fellow simplifies health care with app

March 6, 2018 0 comments

Roberta Powell, the Swearer Center community practitioner in residence for spring 2018, gestures with incredulity toward a seemingly endless list of acronyms and numbers she has pulled out of her backpack.

Sherab Dorji ’20 established Khemdro Kuenphen Dairy Group, a dairy cooperative, in his hometown of Phobjikha Valley, Bhutan. The co-op, which Dorji hopes will begin operations in April 2018, would potentially increase the profitability of dairy by cutting out middle men and guaranteeing farmers a fair price for their products.

News, University News

Social Innovation Fellow builds Bhutanese dairy cooperative

November 27, 2017 0 comments

This summer, Sherab Dorji ’20 traveled as a Social Innovation Fellow back to his home in Phobjikha Valley, Bhutan.

News, University News

Lecture series urges civic engagement

March 5, 2017 0 comments

“What do I do now if I don’t agree with what is coming from our administration? How can I make change?”

Swearer Center to house Carnegie Classification

News, University News

February 13, 2017 0 comments

The Swearer Center for Public Service aims to become a national leader in the field of community engagement

The Swearer Center for Public Service, Watson Institute for International Affairs and CareerLAB are running a new semester in D.C. program.

U. to launch domestic study program in D.C. in spring 2017

October 12, 2016 0 comments

The program will be run by the Swearer Center for Public Service along with the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs and CareerLAB.