Topic: Third World Center

Partridge Hall, home of the new Brown Center for Students of Color, will undergo renovations and will be equipped with card swipe access.

TWC creates new name, mission

September 11, 2014 17 comments

The Third World Center emerged Wednesday with plans for new initiatives, a new mission statement and a new name — the Brown Center for Students of Color.

Corporation discusses sexual assault policies, strategic plan progress

May 26, 2014 2 comments

Sexual assault policies, strategic plan implementation and the proposed Third World Center revamp emerged as key topics at the Corporation’s May meeting.

A planning committee made up of students, faculty members and alums is currently evaluating the Third World Center's mission and developing a five-year strategic plan for the center.

TWC forms committee to rewrite mission

February 19, 2014 4 comments

A planning committee is currently working on rewriting the TWC’s vision and mission and forming a five-year strategic plan.

Letters to the Editor

Letter: TWC name carries historical importance

September 16, 2013 1 comment

As a Brown alum who spent more days than he can count in the Third World Center and its various programs, I am a bit skeptical about the move toward a name change that threatens to dilute the great historical and political meaning embedded in “Third World Center.” Princeton’s move […]

A planning committee will be formed by October to chart out the Third World Center’s future.

Third World Center likely to receive new name

September 13, 2013 16 comments

According to a fall 2012 UCS poll, 46 percent of students approved of a name change.