Topic: Track and field

Sports Roundup, April 1

Sports

Sports Roundup, April 1

April 1, 2019 0 comments

This spring break saw several impressive performances from Brown’s athletic teams. Highlights from this weekend included a 4-2 victory over Yale for the men’s tennis team, women’s lacrosse defeating Fresno State University 19-13 and 10 first place finishes for track and field at the Bryant Black and Gold Invitational.

Uche ’21 is the first in program history to break the 20-foot mark. She broke the record at last weekend’s New England Championship in Boston.

Sports

Uche ’21 breaks University long jump record

February 8, 2019 0 comments

Last weekend’s New England Championship in Boston saw impressive performances from several athletes on the track and field, but the highlight of the meet was provided by Ijeoma Uche ’21, who broke a school record in the long jump.

Men’s track and field team competes at Nationals

Sports

March 15, 2018 0 comments

On Friday, members of the men’s track and field team competed at the NCAA Indoor National Championships for the first time in 16 years.

Bears capture three individual titles at Ivy Indoor Track Champs

Sports

March 2, 2018 0 comments

Last weekend, the men’s and women’s track and field teams traveled north to Dartmouth to participate in the Ivy League Indoor Heptagonal Championships.

Jason Katz ’19 earned the second best mark in Brown history for long jump with a personal record of 24-08.50 at the Heptagonal Championships.

Sports

Katz ’19 wins long jump at Ivy League Heptagonal Champs

March 2, 2018 0 comments

Jason Katz ’19 only needed one attempt to win the long jump at the Ivy League Heptagonal Indoor Track and Field Championships.

Tosin Oyewole '18

Sports

Men’s track and field relay takes fourth in UCS Invitational

February 22, 2018 0 comments

On Friday, four members of the men’s track and field team — Captain Tosin Oyewole ’18, Captain Zack Emrich ’18, Zachary Lanigan ’20 and Martin Martinez ’18 — flew to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, to compete in the UCS Invitational, squaring off against some of the nation’s top teams in the distance medley relay.

Martin Martinez ’18 became one of the 510 Americans who can run a sub-four minute mile on Saturday, breaking Brown’s outdoor track record.

Sports

Martinez ’18 breaks four-minute mile barrier

February 15, 2018 1 comment

Most people can remember running a timed mile in gym class, but few can fathom what it would be like to cover the distance in under four minutes.

O’Shea ’19: Welcome to the Heps

March 8, 2016 0 comments

Last weekend, in a cold, clear corner of the Empire State, a battle raged.

Sports

Sports Roundup: Feb. 8, 2016

February 8, 2016 0 comments

Women’s Water Polo Athletes from across the country filled Thayer Street Saturday evening, as the women’s water polo team hosted the Bruno Classic over the weekend. The Bears (1-6) faced off against stiff competition in their first home games of the season — four of their five opponents were top-20, […]

Sports

Sports Roundup: Feb. 1, 2016

February 1, 2016 0 comments

After over a month away from competition, the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams returned to action over winter break.