Topic: Undergraduate Council of Students

The Undergraduate Council of Students approved amendments to the Campus of Consent Bill and made preparations for the Title IX town hall tonight in its final general body meeting of the semester.

News, University News

UCS amends Campus of Consent Bill

December 6, 2018 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students held its final general body meeting of the semester Wednesday evening, in which it unanimously amended the Campus of Consent Bill and brainstormed questions for tonight’s Title IX Town Hall.

CAPS director Will Meek, right, spoke to UCS general body members about CAPS’ work to develop long-term care opportunities for students.

News, University News

UCS briefed on CAPS initiatives

November 14, 2018 0 comments

At the Undergraduate Council of Students’ weekly general body meeting Wednesday evening, Director of Counseling and Psychological Services Will Meek spoke on efforts to make CAPS’ services more accessible to the student body.

UCS calls for ombudsperson for undergrads

News, University News

October 24, 2018 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students unanimously approved a resolution at its general body meeting Wednesday evening demanding that the University hire an ombudsperson trained in transformative justice and community accountability processes to work with undergraduates.

News, University News

UCS recruits student representatives for councils, boards

September 30, 2018 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students is looking to recruit applicants to fill eight open undergraduate positions on four councils and boards.

News, University News

Incoming UCS leadership discusses goals

April 26, 2018 0 comments

Shanzé Tahir ’19, president-elect of the Undergraduate Council of Students, and Camila Pelsinger ’20, vice president-elect of the council, outlined some of their goals for the next academic year at UCS’ general body meeting Wednesday evening.

UCS aims to increase filtered water access

News, University News

April 10, 2018 0 comments

To address student concern about a lack of water bottle filling stations on campus, the Undergraduate Council of Students’ committee on campus life has submitted a proposal to the Department of Facilities Management to add 10 new stations around the University.

Co-chairs of the UCS elections board Katherine Barry ’19 (left) and Kathryn Stack ’19 (right) announced the results of the election Thursday night.

News, University News

Tahir ’19 elected next UCS president

March 23, 2018 0 comments

​​Shanzé Tahir ’19 was elected the next president of the Undergraduate Council of Students and Camila Pelsinger ’20 was elected the next vice president, announced co-chairs of the UCS election board Katherine Barry ’19 and Kathryn Stack ’19 Thursday night on the steps of the Stephen Roberts ’62 Campus Center.

UCS, administrators discuss food security, textbook costs

News, University News

March 21, 2018 0 comments

​Several administrators attended the Undergraduate Council of Students’ general body meeting Wednesday to discuss a working group proposal that would increase support for students whose financial aid packages include no expected “parent contribution,” according to text of the revised draft distributed at the meeting.

News, University News

UCS, UFB candidates commence campaigns

March 15, 2018 0 comments

Shanzé Tahir ’19 and Fabrice Guyot-Sionnest ’20 will compete to become the next president of the Undergraduate Council of Students in next week’s elections, UCS announced yesterday.

The Undergraduate  Council of Students gathered Wednesday evening to meet with coordinators from Project LETS, a student-run mental health education group.

News, University News

UCS holds Q&A with Project LETS

February 21, 2018 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students held a question-and-answer session with the co-coordinators of Project LETS at its general body meeting Wednesday evening.