Topic: United States Senate

Whitehouse, Flanders face off for Senate seat

Metro, News

November 2, 2018 0 comments

On Nov. 6, incumbent Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., will face off against Republican and former Rhode Island Supreme Court Justice Robert Flanders ’71 in the Rhode Island Senate midterm elections.

Flynn ’20: An open letter to Sen. Warren before her Brown lecture

Columns, Opinions

October 26, 2018 0 comments

In a time of stark polarization, when America is more divided than ever and when the left and the right are unable to find any kind of common ground, both sides of the political divide seem at last to express agreement on one particular matter: It is wrong to exploit racial ancestry to serve a political purpose.

Incumbent candidate Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., will be challenged in the Democratic primaries Sept. 12. He has publicly denounced the Trump administration's policies and is a staunch supporter of climate protections.

Metro, News

Republican, Dem. races for Senate hotly contested

September 9, 2018 0 comments

The Sept. 12 primaries for an open U.S. Senate seat in Rhode Island are fast approaching as both Democratic and Republican candidates attempt to catch their party’s nomination and position themselves to defeat incumbent Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I.

Number of women in statewide, national races up since 2016

Metro, News

March 11, 2018 0 comments

More women are running for office in the Rhode Island General Assembly in this election cycle than previously, according to Rhode Island Public Radio.

University responds to Congressional endowment inquiry

Graphics, University News

April 6, 2016 0 comments

Brown issued a response April 1 to an inquiry on endowment spending issued by members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.