Topic: Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs

Greek and Chilean street art adorns campus

Arts & Culture

June 3, 2018 0 comments

Students who frequent the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs may have noticed the addition of two black vinyl tape lines running parallel in a geometric pattern across the side of the building’s staircase.

Former Australian Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, currently serves as the president of the Asia Society Policy Institute and co-chair of the China Global Affairs Council of the World Economic Forum.

News, University News

Former Australian prime minister talks China under Xi Jinping

April 24, 2018 0 comments

Former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd joked about interacting with many Chinese youth who seemed to prioritize materialism over Marxist ideals — just one of many examples of China’s multidimensionality — while discussing China’s future prospects.

Op-eds, Opinions

Froid ’21: Inviting Jeb Bush to speak is irresponsible

April 6, 2018 0 comments

It was announced recently that the University intends to have former Florida Governor Jeb Bush come to campus to deliver the Stephen A. Ogden Jr. ’60 Memorial Lecture on International Affairs.

University to offer new joint MPH/MPA degree

News, University News

March 7, 2018 0 comments

A partnership between the Watson Institute of International and Public Affairs and the School of Public Health is introducing a new two-year joint Master of Public Health/Master of Public Affairs degree this summer to address the intersection of public health and public policy.

Shazhad Bashir will direct the Middle East Studies program as of July 1st,  hoping to expand the reach of the program and its academic offerings.

News, University News

Shahzad Bashir to lead Middle East Studies

February 2, 2018 0 comments

Shahzad Bashir, professor of Islamic humanities, will become the new program director for Middle East Studies after Beshara Doumani, current director and professor of modern Middle East history, steps down this summer.

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

Letter: Traitors don’t make good fellows

January 31, 2018 0 comments

It is disheartening to read that Brown students want to offer Chelsea Manning a visiting fellowship at the Watson Institute.

Ricci GS, Hemmatian Borujeni GS: Invite Chelsea Manning to Watson

Op-eds, Opinions

January 24, 2018 0 comments

Dear Director Edward Steinfeld: On Sept. 15, Dean Douglas Elmendorf of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government rescinded his invitation to Chelsea Manning to be a Visiting Fellow.

Bharara talks importance of public service

News, University News

October 30, 2017 0 comments

Since he was fired by President Trump’s administration, Preet Bharara is doing fine.

Former Prime Minister of Italy talks European Union, Brexit

October 5, 2017 0 comments

Romano Prodi spoke at the Watson Institute of International and Public Affair’s for a talk titled, “The Future of Europe in the Wake of Brexit.”

Atlantic editor-in-chief talks Trump, press

News, University News

September 19, 2017 0 comments

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of the Atlantic, spoke at the University Tuesday to a packed audience.