Officers find whiskey, pot after noise complaints

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Feb. 7 and Feb. 13. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Thursday, Feb. 7:

12:33 a.m. An officer was dispatched for a noise complaint in Graduate Center Tower C. Upon arrival, an outer suite door was found propped open. The officer noticed a strong odor of marijuana in the hallway coming from the suite. He observed a large glass bong in plain view on the center table, a clear plastic bag containing a small amount of suspected marijuana and other paraphernalia. The suspected marijuana and paraphernalia were seized as evidence and transported to DPS. Both student occupants of the suite were cooperative with police during the investigation and the matter has been turned over to the Office of Student Life.

Sunday, Feb. 10:

12:19 p.m. A student stated that while attending a party the night of Feb. 9 in Olney House, her leather coat was stolen from the bathroom. Around 12:30 a.m., she placed her coat in a corner of the bathroom and noticed that it was missing around 1 a.m.

Monday, Feb. 11:

1:37 p.m. A student was hit in the mouth at the corner of Thayer and Angell streets by a male whom the student knows from high school. DPS and PPD are investigating.

Tuesday, Feb. 12:

2:08 a.m. A DPS officer was dispatched to assist a PPD officer on George Street. Upon arrival, the PPD officer stated that he was issuing a citation to a student who was driving a vehicle while playing loud music. The PPD officer also stated that the passengers were two students and a non-student who was visiting and that he found an open bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey lying on the floor in the back seat. The matter has been turned over to the Office of Student Life.

10:34 a.m. A Residential Peer Leader reported a television missing from the lounge area in Miller Hall. A cable lock was cut from the back of the television.

2:31 p.m. A Brown employee stated that sometime between approximately 3 p.m. on Feb. 6 and 9 a.m. on Feb. 11, his laptop was taken from his office at 135 Thayer St. He locked his door when he left the office. When he returned, the door was still locked but his laptop was missing. There are no suspects at this time.