Bleeding perp thieves chips from Jo's at 5:40 a.m.

Rollerblader punched in face by angry women

View Larger Map

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Feb. 28 and March 5. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Thursday, Feb. 28:

5:40 a.m. A Facilities Management employee stated that a male knocked on the door of Josiah's. She approached and saw that the man appeared to be a student. She asked him if he was a student, and he stated that he was. The employee opened the door and allowed the student to enter. She handed him some paper napkins to stop some bleeding from his chin. She stated that he looked as if he was in a fight, and he smelled like he had been drinking. The employee stated that the student grabbed a bag of chips and walked outside. She did not see his direction of travel. Officers checked the area but were not able to locate anyone fitting the description.

Saturday, March 1:

10:13 a.m. Officers were dispatched for the report of a fire in the Sharpe Refectory. An employee used an extinguisher to put it out before the officers arrived. Providence fire investigators responded to the scene. The case is under investigation by the Providence Fire Department and DPS.

11:14 p.m. A student reported that at approximately 9 p.m., she rollerbladed alone to Kennedy Plaza. Two females began talking to her. They pushed the victim down and punched her in the face about four times. The student declined medical attention. PPD is investigating.

Tuesday, March 4:

10:18 p.m. A student stated that his laptop computer was taken from a desk in his room in Harkness House. He stated that he last noticed his laptop around 7:30 p.m. when he left his room. Upon returning at 10:10 p.m., he noticed his laptop missing. The door to his room was left unlocked. There are no suspects at this time.