View Larger Map

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between April 3 and April 9. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Thursday, April 3:

10:07 p.m. A student stated that at about 8 a.m. she locked her bike to a parking meter outside the west door of the Blue Room on Waterman Street. When she returned at approximately 5 p.m. the bike was gone. The bike is not registered with Operation ID and there are no suspects at this time.

6:28 p.m. A student stated that she left her wallet in the hallway outside her room door and went to help a friend put something in a car. When she returned she noticed that her wallet was missing.

Saturday, April 5:

1:38 a.m. While on patrol, an officer witnessed a student strike a fire panel in Barbour Hall with a baseball bat. The case has been turned over to Student Life.

2:02 a.m. A student reported that he and his friend discovered that hot glue was placed in the door lock of his room in Grad Tower A. The door could not be opened and Facilities Management was notified. There are no suspects at this time.

Monday, April 7:

9:07 a.m. While on patrol, an officer observed graffiti on the exterior of a stockroom building. Facilities Management was notified.

1:11 p.m. A student reported that between 7 p.m. on April 6 and 11:11 p.m. on April 7, a laptop, an iPod and money were taken from his room in Harkness House. There are no suspects at this time.

Wednesday, April 9:

6:08 p.m. While on patrol, an officer was flagged down by a member of the RISD Department of Public Safety. The RISD officer had noticed two unknown subjects on the roof of MacFarlane House. DPS officers arrived on the scene and observed two Brown students smoking cigars. Officers explained the safety issues concerning the students' actions and they were both escorted out of the

building.