Student hangs out in PPD cruiser at Fish Co.

Man with hallucinogenic mushrooms arrested

View Larger MapThe following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between April 10 and April 16. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Thursday, April 10:

1:34 a.m. DPS was called to respond to an incident at Fish Co., during which a student had walked up to a PPD cruiser, opened the door, entered the car and refused to get out. He was loud and disorderly when speaking to the officers. After several attempts to get him to disperse, he was placed into custody by PPD.

8:43 a.m. An employee reported that he observed the screen on his window in Arnold Lab ripped. After investigation, officers found four more damaged screens. It is not believed that the perpetrators gained entry to the building. DPS detectives are investigating.

11:07 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a damaged toilet on the fourth floor of Everett House. When they arrived, the officers found a toilet and stall wall severely damaged. People reported hearing a loud bang and seeing a male coming out of the bathroom mumbling something. Facilities Management responded and disabled the water supply to the toilet.

Friday, April 11:

8:02 a.m. The complainant reported that he parked his car in Lot 44 at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 10. When he returned to the lot at 7 a.m. on Friday, April 11, he noticed that four center hubcaps were stolen from his automobile. There are no suspects at this time.

9:59 a.m. A report was filed regarding damage to multiple door knobs that were either bent or missing in Chapin House. There are no suspects at this time.

8:06 p.m. A student was arrested at King House for possession and distribution of hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Saturday, April 12:

1:03 a.m. A student reported that he left his room in Marcy House and locked his door. When he returned, he noticed that his laptop computer was missing.

8:54 a.m. A student reported that her laptop computer was taken from her room in Chapin House. She stated that around 2:30 a.m., she used her computer and then went to sleep. When she woke up at 8:30 a.m., she discovered that her laptop was missing from her desk. There were no signs of forced entry into the room and her door was left unsecured overnight.

Sunday, April 13:

1:07 a.m. A uniform hat was taken from a DPS officer while at a detail at Wayland Arch. The male subject was chased but not caught.

2:03 p.m. A dean informed a DPS officer that a student was in possession of a gas can near Harkness House. The student had dipped film into the gas and said it was for a school project. The student was advised that this was very dangerous. Officers took the items and advised the student that the matter would be documented and turned over to Student Life.

Monday, April 14:7:53 a.m. A parent of a potential student stated that he parked his vehicle in Lot 64 on Sunday, April 13. When he returned to his vehicle on Monday, he found that the passenger front window broken and that an iPod was missing from the vehicle.

10:56 a.m. A vendor's truck struck the edge of a pillar on the George Street Gate and knocked the cement top down onto the sidewalk below and damaged the top of the truck.

7:10 p.m. A Sterling security officer reported by radio that four males were throwing fire crackers out of a car window in Lot 5. The Sterling officer saw the driver throw a lit fire cracker out of the driver's side window towards another male. DPS officers arrived and the male stated he did not want to press any charges regarding the incident because everyone was just playing around. Officers confiscated a box of fire crackers and the individuals were told that the matter would be turned over to Student Life.

Tuesday, April 15:4:48 p.m. Officers were dispatched to respond to a report of people smoking on the Roof of Hegeman Hall E. Three students were found and were told they could not be there. They were cooperative and left without incident.