Two football players grab Ivy honors

Buddy Farnham '10 and Chris Perkins '10 won the Ivy League Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, respectively, for their contributions to Brown's win over Harvard on Saturday.

Farnham made several huge plays to help secure the Bears' first win over the Crimson since 1999, including two touchdown receptions and an onside kick recovery. Farnham's first touchdown catch was perhaps the highlight of the game. With Bruno down 13-0, Farnham somehow managed to haul in a 25-yard reception over the head of a Harvard defender who was holding his jersey. Farnham made the touchdown grab despite Harvard being called for pass interference on the play. In the third quarter, Farnham added another touchdown grab that gave the Bears a 21-13 lead, and he closed out the 24-22 victory for the Bears by falling on the Crimson's onside kick in the game's final minute.

On the other side of the ball, Perkins led Brown's defensive effort against Harvard's high-powered offensive attack. Perkins broke up two passes and made a team-high nine tackles, one of which went for a loss and six of which he made on his own. Like Farnham, Perkins also made a couple of game-changing plays by forcing two fumbles, one of which led to a Bears touchdown.