Clothing, GPS, laptop and iPod reported stolen

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Oct. 23 and Oct. 30 It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, the PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Sunday, Oct. 26

1:34 a.m. A student was assaulted by another student after leaving a party at 95 Benevolent St. The student who was positively identified by witnesses was arrested at his dorm by the Providence Police a short time later.

2:24 p.m. A student in Barbour Hall reported that some of his clothes were stolen from the laundry room. He stated that when he put his clothes in the dryer he noticed that jeans, t-shirts, handkerchiefs and boxer shorts were missing. On Oct. 31, the student called detectives and stated that he found all of the items in another washer.

4:49 p.m. A student reported that a GPS was stolen from his vehicle on a private lot between Angell and Waterman streets sometime between Oct. 19 at 10 a.m. and Oct. 26 at 4 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 29

1:15 a.m. A student in Grad Center Tower D reported that between the times of 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 28 and 1:05 a.m. on Oct. 29, someone removed a laptop and an iPod from her room. The door to her room was left unlocked and the door to the suite was left ajar. The case is under investigation.

9:13 p.m. The reporting party stated that he went into the Salomon Center at around 7 p.m. When he returned at 9 p.m., his bike was gone. He chained the bike to a tree near the front doors.