Field hockey gets Ivy win

Leslie Springmeyer '12 finished her outstanding first season in convincing fashion, tallying a hat trick while also notching an assist in the field hockey team's 4-1, season-ending win over Yale, which gave the Bears their only Ivy League win of the season. Springmeyer's performance in the Yale game earned her Ivy League Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week honors. It was the third time this season that a player from Brown had been named Rookie of the Week, with Abigail Taft '12 winning the award two other times this season.

Springmeyer also earned Honorable Mention All-Ivy honors, after finishing the season with eight goals and five assists, both team highs. Her 21 points, 14 of which came in the final five games, ranked tenth in the Ivy League. Springmeyer is joined on the Honorable Mention by Victoria Sacco '09, who finished her career at Brown with four goals and one assist in 2008, and was a consistently strong defensive presence for the Bears.

Rounding out the All-Ivy selections for the team was Sara Eaton '09, who was named to the Second Team after finishing the season with one goal and four assists. As a four-year starter, Eaton tallied 13 career assists, good for eighth all-time at Brown.