Fifteen Brunonians earn All-Ivy football honors

After an Ivy League championship season, 15 members of the football team have earned All-Ivy honors, including eight who were to the first team.

Receiver Bobby Sewall '10 was named to the first team after leading the league with 69 receptions, 948 yards and eight receiving touchdowns. This marks the second All-Ivy selection for Sewall, who was named to the second team last season as a sophomore.

Joining him on the first team is fellow receiver Buddy Farnham '10, who caught 63 passes for 816 yards and six touchdowns en route to his second consecutive All-Ivy first team selection.

Tight end Colin Cloherty '09 rounded out Brown's passing attack, which ranked second in the league, and Cloherty's 40 receptions for 418 yards and three touchdowns made him a unanimous selection on the first team, following his selection to the second team last season. Cloherty was one of only two unanimous selections, along with Princeton running back Jordan Culbreath.

Also named to the first team were offensive tackles Paul Jasinowski '10 and Shane Kelley '09, who anchored the offensive line that helped the Bears have the second-highest-scoring offense in the league. This was Kelley's first selection, while Jasinowski earned second team All-Ivy honors last season.

The Brown defense had two representatives on the first team. Tackle David Howard '09 was a key part of the defensive line this season, recording 6.5 sacks, third best in the Ivy League. His outstanding season earned him his first All-Ivy selection.

Cornerback Nkosi Still '09 played a key role for the Bears, filling in at cornerback for injured co-captain Darrell Harrison '09, where he registered 49 tackles, and two interceptions on the year. He also earned Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week honors following Brown's 34-27 win over Penn.

Rounding out the first-team selections for Brown was kicker and punter Robert Ranney '08.5, who led the league by averaging 43.7 yards per punt, and received a first-team selection as a punter.

Co-captain and quarterback Michael Dougherty '09 led the league with 19 touchdown passes, and was named Ivy League Offensive Player of the Week four times this season. This was Dougherty's second season at the helm of the Brown offense, and this marks his second consecutive selection to the second team.

After being sidelined for most of last season with a foot injury, running back Dereck Knight '08.5 rebounded to finish fifth in the league with 555 rushing yards this season, including two touchdowns. In recognition for his strong play, Knight was named to the second team, the first All-Ivy selection of his career.

Offensive Guard Matthew Adkins '09 also earned a spot on the second team, after his strong performance all season on the offensive line for the Bears.

Defensive end James Develin '10 came into the season with high expectations, after earning first-team All-Ivy honors last season in his sophomore campaign. This year, Develin was a force once again, making 33 tackles, including 8.5 tackles for loss and two sacks, while also making an interception in the win over Penn, earning him a spot on the second team.

Linebacker Steve Ziogas '09 emerged as a key defensive leader for the Bears in his senior year, leading the team with 65 tackles and earning a spot on the All-Ivy second team.

In his first year as a starter in the secondary, safety Chris Perkins '10 made an immediate impact, earning Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week Honors in Brown's 24-22 win over Harvard in the second game of the season. Perkins recorded 55 tackles on the season, while making an interception and forcing two fumbles, and was named to the second team.

Outside linebacker Miles Craigwell '09 was an integral part of Brown's run defense and pass defense, and was named All-Ivy honorable mention. Craigwell finished second on the Bears with 55 tackles, and made 5.5 tackles for loss and recovered two fumbles on the year.

In addition, Sewall, Farnham, Kelley and Howard were given All-New England honors. This was the first selection for Sewall, Kelley and Howard, while Farnham was given the honor for the second consecutive season.