Lester and Wertheimer in runoff for UCS presidency

Vasconez brothers to lead UFB

Ryan Lester '11 and Clay Wertheimer '10 will face each other in a run-off election for the Undergraduate Council of Students presidency after receiving the most votes for the position. Neither received the 50 percent of the vote needed to win the general election.

Jose Vasconez '10 defeated Salsabil Ahmed '11 to become chair of the Undergraduate Finance Board.

The vice presidential race for UCS will go to a run-off between Harris Li '11 and Diane Mokoro '11.

The winner of the vice chair race for UFB is Juan Vasconez '10, who ran unopposed after Neil Parikh '11 withdrew his name from the ballot Wednesday. As a result, Elections Board officials determined Thursday night that Vasconez needed only 5 percent of the vote to win, which he received.

Robert Taj Moore '11 will be the chair of the UCS Academic and Administrative Affairs Committee.

Herald Senior Staff Writer Mitra Anoushiravani '11, Herald Sales Director Ellen DaSilva '10, Adam Kiki-Charles '11, Soobin Kim '11, Jason Lee '12 and Herald Opinions Columnist Tyler Rosenbaum '11 will be UFB's at-large representatives.

The three candidates who ran uncontested for UCS Executive Board seats received the 5 percent of the vote necessary to win.

The position of UCS treasurer will be vacant because no candidate ran and no write-ins received 5 percent of the vote.