Ryan Lester '11 and Clay Wertheimer '10 will face each other in a run-off election for president of the Undergraduate Council of Students after receiving the most votes for the position last week. Neither received the 50 percent of the vote needed to win outright.

Jose Vasconez '10 defeated Salsabil Ahmed '11 to become chair of the Undergraduate Finance Board. 

This year's elections saw an increase from last year in competition for the top UCS and UFB positions. Voter participation also increased dramatically, with 2,279 ballots cast, up from 1,364 last year, according to Elections Board Chair Lily Tran '10. 

The vice presidential race for UCS will also go to a run-off, between Harris Li '11 and Diane Mokoro '11. 

Voting in the run-off elections will begin Monday at 12 p.m. and will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday. As in the regular election, ballots will be cast online through MyCourses. Candidates need only a plurality of votes to win — nullifying the effect of abstentions. 

The Elections Board will announce final election results at the UCS general body meeting Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in Petteruti Lounge and submit them to the council for certification.

The winner of the vice chair race for UFB is Juan Vasconez '10, who ran unopposed after Neil Parikh '11 withdrew his name from the ballot Wednesday. As a result, Elections Board officials determined Thursday night that Vasconez needed only 5 percent of the vote to win, which he received. 

On Thursday, Tran confirmed earlier reports that Parikh was caught removing posters belong to both Jose and Juan Vasconez on Tuesday night, and that she and another member of the board "suggested" that he withdraw his name from the race.

In other voting, Robert Taj Moore '11 was elected chair of the UCS Academic and Administrative Affairs Committee. 

At-large representatives on UFB will be Herald Senior Staff Writer Mitra Anoushiravani '11, Herald Sales Director Ellen DaSilva '10, Adam Kiki-Charles '11, Soobin Kim '11, Jason Lee '12 and Herald Opinions Columnist Tyler Rosenbaum '11.

The three candidates who ran uncontested for UCS Executive Board positions each received at least the necessary 5 percent of the vote necessary to win. 

Of those Ben Farber '12 will be the Campus Life chair, Brady Wyrtzen '11 has been elected to be Student Activities chair and the Admissions and Student Services chair will be Andrew Bergmanson '11.

The position of UCS treasurer will be vacant because no candidate ran for the position and no write-ins received 5 percent of the vote.

— With additional reporting by Seth Motel