Missing Yale student's body found and identified

A week-long search for a missing Yale student ended in shock and tragedy Monday after the body identified as that of Annie Le was found in the wall of a campus science building.

Le, a medical student at the university, had been planning to get married on Sunday, the day the body was found. She had been missing for five days.

Since the body was discovered, developments have come quickly in the case. Late Tuesday night, New Haven Police announced that warrants were issued to search the home of Raymond Clark III, who worked in the same laboratory as Le, according to the Hartford Courant.

No charges have been files against Clark, but he has been identified as a "person of interest," and at press time, was in custody, according to the Courant.

"Our hearts go out to Annie Le's family, fiance and friends, who must suffer the additional ordeal of waiting for the body to be identified," Richard Levin, the school's president, wrote in an e-mail to the Yale community Sunday night after the body was found and presumed to be Le's.

On Monday, New Haven police identified the body as Le's, and the Connecticut chief medical examiner's office ruled the death a homicide. Access to the building in which Le's body was found is currently restricted, and a New Haven Police Department spokesman told the Yale Daily News that the police were "not looking at (the homicide) as if it is a random act."

Le was studying pharmacology and received her undergraduate degree from the University of Rochester.