The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Jan. 26 and Feb. 3. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Jan. 28

10:33 a.m. A facilities employee reported that she and many other University custodians were picking up their keys for work duty. She reported that she plugged her iPod in while she waited to get her keys. After she received her keys from the custodial supervisor she noticed that her iPod was missing.

3:21 p.m. A Brown student reported he left for the winter break on Dec. 12 and returned on Jan. 23. Upon arriving home, he noticed that his video recorder and case and a box of change was stolen from his bedroom. There were no signs of forced entry.

Feb. 3

4:02 p.m. An employee stated he parked his vehicle at 7:30 a.m. and when he returned to it at approximately 3:30 p.m. he observed the passenger side window smashed and his back-up camera screen had been stolen. Providence Police responded to take a report.

6:44 p.m. A student reported that she was at a lecture located at MacMillan Hall and decided to meet her friend at the Sciences Library. She stated that she left her bag inside the lecture hall in the back of the room. When she returned, her bag was there but the laptop inside was missing.

9:05 p.m. Student stated that his belongings were stolen. He was in the weight room and he had his backpack against the wall by the front door. His backpack contained his sweat clothes, sneakers, wallet and keys.