Morey '99 signs contract with Seahawks

Sean Morey '99 signed a multi-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks on March 29, according to a Seahawks press release.

The former Brown wide receiver has made an NFL career as a special teams standout. Morey earned a spot on the NFC Pro Bowl team as a special team player two years ago. This past season, he was an alternate to the Pro Bowl.

Morey heads to Seattle after three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, including one that ended in a Super Bowl victory.

Drafted in the seventh round by the New England Patriots in 1999, Morey played on the Patriots' practice squad for two years before being signed by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2001, the press release said. He joined the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2004 and moved to the Cardinals in 2007.

In 109 games, Morey has 11 catches for 168 yards as a receiver and 151 tackles on special teams over his career, according to the press release. Morey will reunite in Seattle with Head Coach Pete Carroll, who was the Patriots' head coach when New England drafted Morey during his final semester at Brown.

In college, Morey was a three-time first-team All Ivy selection and won Ivy League Player of the Year honors in 1997. He still holds the Ivy League record in career touchdowns, touchdowns in a season, career receiving yards and receiving yards in a season.