A nondenominational diamond to the interfaith comedy show "One Muslim. One Jew. One Stage." We enjoyed it much more than last year's effort, "Two Goys, One Cup."

Coal to the student trying to steal quarters from a washing machine to pay for her laundry — using a butter knife. Based on our latest poll, it's a fair bet that knife came from one of the dining halls.

A cold-shower diamond to the history department, whose chair told us it wouldn't "have just sexy courses" in the future. Good. After being seduced by the likes of "China's Late Empires" and "English History, 1529-1660," we're looking forward to a tamer lineup.

A diamond to Gov.-elect Lincoln Chafee '75 P'14 for sending Frank Caprio to a third-place finish in Tuesday's election. That's yet another employer choosing a Brunonian over a Harvard grad.

On that subject, coal to Rhode Island for keeping polls open until 9 p.m., and keeping us and our printer up even later than usual. Next time we'll just guess.

Coal to Cornell's anti-hazing website, hazing.cornell.edu, though if it's anything like the deans' new Focal Point search tool, your site must make for some interesting graphics.

A francophile diamant to the Brown International Organization and their scholarship fund, acronymed BRIOSCH. But we're holding out for BAGET.

A monster diamond to the University of South Carolina, whose course on Lady Gaga puts even LITR 1150W: "Clown Aesthetics" to shame.

Cubic zirconium to Wednesday night's Brown/RISD Hillel Speed Dating. We would have given you a diamond, but it's already on some girl's finger.

"Diamonds and Coal" is written by The Herald's staff. Write your own at diamondsandcoal.com.