Crime log: Table, chairs stolen from dorm kitchen

The following summary includes a selection of major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Aug. 22 and Sept. 8. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls, which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters at 75 Charlesfield St.

Sept. 3

12:28 p.m. Two students reported their laptop computers had been taken from their residence in the early morning hours. They reported they had filed a report with the PPD. They stated persons unknown entered an unlocked room and took two computers. They stated they were in the house overnight and reported there had been people visiting.

Sept. 5

12:47 a.m. DPS was dispatched at the request of the PPD for a large party and excess noise. Upon arrival, people were starting to leave the party which was located in the backyard. There were approximately 200 people in attendance. Six kegs and numerous plastic cups were found in the backyard. Brown and Providence Police officers began dispersing the crowd. The PPD also spoke with the three students responsible and advised them that they were in violation of Providence's loud noise ordinance, and they were issued a summons.

Sept. 6

11:32 a.m. Student reported her laptop was stolen from her unlocked room while she was in the bathroom. The time frame was less than five minutes.

Sept. 7

8:25 a.m. Custodian stated that when she left work Sept. 6 at about 3 p.m., there were two small kitchen tables and eight lime green kitchen chairs in Room 101, the kitchen. When she arrived to the same area at about 8 a.m. on the following day, one table and four chairs were missing. She stated she had already checked all the common areas in the building, but the table and chairs were not located.

Sept. 8

11:50 a.m. Student reported she locked her bike to the bike rack outside Emery Hall Aug. 4 at 1 a.m. When she returned to the bike rack Sept. 8, she noticed her bike was missing. She stated that her bike was locked with a cable lock, which was also missing. Her bike was not registered with DPS.

2:40 p.m. Student stated he left his bike in front of 222 Richmond St. Sept. 3. When he returned Sept. 5, he found his bike seat was missing. He was informed by the guard at 222 Richmond Street that the theft occurred Sept. 4 by males on bikes. The theft was not reported to police as the victim was not known at the time and was captured by cameras in the area. The case is under investigation.

8:06 p.m. Officers observed in plain view one student carrying a 30-pack of beer and another carrying a bottle of wine. The officers asked to see the students' ID cards. At that time the students disclosed to the officers that they were not of legal drinking age. The alcohol was seized and the case has been turned over to the Office of Student Life.