Students have been unable to access the Center for Careers and Life After Brown Student Job and Internship Board since Thursday afternoon and could not apply for jobs or schedule interviews on the site over the weekend — a critical weekend for juniors applying to summer internships.

Zach Long '13 discovered the site had stopped working Thursday night. The site displayed a page saying the site no longer existed, a problem that persisted until Friday afternoon, he said.

CareerLAB's Twitter announced the site was fixed Friday afternoon. But when Long tried to log on to the board, a software error said the server was not hosting the page, he said, adding that the problem persisted until Sunday. CareerLAB tweeted Sunday morning that the site was still down. 

Last night, the board allowed students to log on but prompted them to create a new profile, which is not possible for students who have already created a profile with their Brown email addresses. 

Long said he has missed deadlines, and chances to schedule interviews at various companies may be gone since the site has been down. "It is unacceptable for the site to go down" and not provide another way to see approaching  deadlines, Long said.

Betsy Odland '13, a former Herald business staffer, said the board has an impressive selection of jobs, but "Brown's end of the deal has not been great." 

Because CareerLAB is closed on weekends, no representatives were available for comment. 

— Alexandra Macfarlane