Donate

Science & Research

‘Geographic lens’ may be key to HIV prevention

Researchers publish paper arguing for shift in HIV treatment to low-income neighborhoods

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Door-to-door programs like the “Do One Thing” program established by Professor of Medicine Amy Nunn advocate for screening and testing for HIV and other diseases in low-income neighborhoods.

Geography may be the key to ending the HIV epidemic in the United States. In a new paper published in the American Journal of Public Health, Amy Nunn, assistant professor of medicine, argues HIV should be tackled through a “geographic lens” — one that focuses on regionally targeted treatment and prevention.

The paper focuses on “two inter-related issues,” wrote Ira Wilson, a professor of health services, policy and practice who is not affiliated with the publication, in an email to The Herald.

The first issue is improving the implementation of effective intervention techniques, Wilson wrote. The second involves using geospacial mapping techniques to identify “hot spots” with high rates of HIV. “This means that one can target specific neighborhoods for interventions, making the time, effort, and dollars much more intelligently spent,” he wrote.

Low-income communities with high minority populations — especially African-American and Hispanic populations — are hot spots, Nunn said, adding that though this information has been previously published, it has not been used to target HIV treatment effectively.

The geographic disparity is a “very real issue,” Nunn said — for example, white people living in affluent neighborhoods who contract HIV are far more likely to receive treatment than black people living in poor neighborhoods.

“We know exactly where people are living who are getting infected,” she said. “But our HIV prevention and interventions haven’t really responded to that challenge appropriately.”

Responding to the indications of maps is key to lowering HIV rates around the country, Nunn said. “The maps tell the story. Where you live influences whether you live or die.”

HIV prevention efforts have focused on disease transmission over the last 30 years, Nunn said. But the government should emphasize treating the disease instead — “treatment is prevention,” she added.

“It doesn’t make sense for us to be focusing our efforts in areas where the epidemic is not,” said Phill Wilson, CEO of the Black AIDS Institute and a co-author of the paper. “It’s what I call the Alice in Wonderland school of prevention, where we pretend what is isn’t, and what isn’t is.”

Building government infrastructure in affected neighborhoods is a priority for turning HIV prevention efforts toward the “geographic lens,” Phill Wilson added.

Nunn has established several grassroots projects to help jumpstart the geographic battle against HIV. One such project — “Do One Thing” — is a “comprehensive neighborhood approach” to educate people about HIV screening and testing, she said. Through the program, volunteers go door to door in a low-income area in Philadelphia to encourage residents to get tested for HIV and Hepatitis C.

Nunn intends to start a similar program in Rhode Island focusing on sexually transmitted infections, she said. Three Rhode Island ZIP codes have especially high numbers of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis cases, and little effort is being made to target these areas, Nunn said.

“I think that it’s a social justice issue,” Nunn said, adding that the best thing to do for communities with high cases of either HIV or STIs is to “flood (them) with resources that promote testing and treatment.”

1. apostleshadamishe says:

AMBUSH CURES HIV/AIDS

Apostle Shada Mishe

apostleshadamishe@gmail.com

Sir / Madam,

For the past 12 years I have been studying and researching Ambush, a Palm plant extract that is effective in curing HIV.

Name of Plant; Palm

Name of ingredient: Ambush

Molecular weight 640 (similar to the sequisulfides)

Where found: In and around the areas of South Florida where uranium waste was dumped in the 1920’s from the nuclear programme that has now leaked out into the water system. A specie of the PALM plant has picked up this waste to be the valuable AMBUSH.

Chemical compd; Uranium isotope (cus.n) Grayish white soft metallic compound NOT found in chemistry books.

Uses: Antiviral DRUG..Ambush

Found to “KILL” the HIV virus when given in a dose of 60 ml three times daily for 21 days at a known concentration.

Mode of action.. Ambush kills the HIV virus by causing the viral shell to rupture . In the lymph system Ambush produces “natural radioactivity” that “kills” the virus that ‘hides’ in the lymph system . This crosses the blood-brain barrier since the ‘patients’ claim that they are able to see,hear and think more clearly after taking Ambush.

Viral Loads…This decreases from 100,000 to ‘undetectable’ in 21 days….. but I have had patients VL go to ‘undetectable ‘ in 5 days.

SIDE EFFECTS / EFFECTS
    1. After 5 to 7 days of treatment, patients MAY complain of HEADACHES.
    2. After 5 to 7 days male patients experience an increase in erection.
    3. Stool becomes soft and REGULAR
    4. Patients c/o being WARM in the trunk area mainly at night when lying down.

Toxicology……Before administering to any person a complete toxicological analysis was done to include, arsenic, barbiturates and NO KNOWN poisons or harmful substances to mankind were found.

Systems/Organs

Skin…becomes clean, smooth and free of eczema or other say they have small eczema patches in the first week that go away by the third week.

Excretion
    Since this is a very LARGE molecule it is excreted relatively unchanged via urine and feces.

SEROREVERSION
    After 149 days the patents revert to being HIV NEGATIVE after finishing a course in Ambush hence no one goes public to say they WERE HIV positive.

Pharmacology of Ambush on the GUT of an end stage AIDS person.

It is known that late stage AIDS patients posses a high level of the virus in the GUT which should include the entire GI tract from stomach to rectum. Here the virus is found in the lining and this is difficult for ARV’s because these are the areas needed by the ARV’s to enter the blood supply. There is not a high enough blood level returning back to the stomach lining hence the virus remains in high concentration.

This causes the person’s appetite to decrease which causes a spiraling downhill of the body.

When Ambush is taken in the liquid form, it is slightly basic and forms a stable compound in the acidic stomach.The Ambush compound is close to the stomach lining to exert the “natural radioactivity” effect which kills the virus in the stomach. Here the entire mid section feels very warm and sometimes feverish. The infected stomach lining with the dead areas is then passed out as a black slime in the stool. This usually happens about day 4 while on an Ambush regime of 60 ml three times daily for 21 days, wherein the person has a large bowel movement.

After the bowel movement, the person becomes extremely hungry and eats TWO to THREE times a normal serving. Here I usually recommend cornmeal porridge with butter or cooking oil as a prevention against malnutrition and add a daily multivitamin. By day 10 the stomach has recovered and the person eats normally.

More info is at http://www.ambushcuresaidsfree.com or
    http://www.youtube.com/user/apostlemishe?feature=mhee

THE CHALLENGE

The challenge is to find a Virologist, or Biologist of HIV Researcher who is willing to put some Ambush in a Human culture medium infected with the HIV virus, incubate with proper controls and report their findings to the world.

Thank you for your interest and we will be happy to send you samples and answer any and all questions.

Apostle Shada Mishe
    apostleshadamishe@gmail.com
    Dallas Texas,
    1-972 294 5161

2. apostleshadamishe says:

AMBUSH CURES HIV/AIDS

Apostle Shada Mishe

apostleshadamishe@gmail.com

Sir / Madam,

Name of Plant; Palm

Name of ingredient: Ambush

Uses: Antiviral DRUG..Ambush

SIDE EFFECTS / EFFECTS
    3. Stool becomes soft and REGULAR

Systems/Organs

Excretion

SEROREVERSION

THE CHALLENGE

Apostle Shada Mishe
    apostleshadamishe@gmail.com
    Dallas Texas,
    1-972 294 5161

Comments are closed. If you have corrections to submit, you can email The Herald at herald@browndailyherald.com.