Women's basketball forward Natalie Bonds '10 hurt her ankle and had to be helped off the court eight minutes into the second half in Brown's game against Harvard last Friday. But less than four minutes later, she checked back into the game and had two more steals, two rebounds and two points — giving her a double-double on the night.

She finished with 11 points, 11 rebounds, four steals and one block on the night.

The following night, she was second on the team in scoring with six points, and she added two steals and a block in just 16 minutes.

The Bears lost both games, but for Bonds's effort, The Herald has named her Athlete of the Week.

Herald: How does the pregame of this interview compare to your pregame ritual in a game? Are you nervous?

Bonds: I'm not nervous before a game. We're just really hyped and we dance, we Soul Train, before games. It's just like we really try to have fun, and that's how we feel we focus in a way. If we are able to joke and talk with each other, then that's a good start, and it means we're going to have a good start for the game.

Who's the best dancer?

I would actually have to say myself because I'm the only one who likes to dance.

Has Coach (Jean-Marie) Burr joined in?

No, she has not joined in this year. She has stayed and watched, but she has yet to come in.

March Madness is coming up. Who's your team?

Oh, I would have to say either Kentucky or Kansas.

What are you studying here at Brown?

Human Bio.

How do you like it?

I like it. It's tough with basketball and stuff. Time management is key with sports and school. It's good. Tough having tests when you get out of practice late at night and you have to study, do homework and then get up at eight the next morning. But you have to do it. It's part of the game.

What is your favorite memory from Brown or high school?

It would probably have to be when Barack Obama won the presidency and everyone was on the Main Green, and it was just like a big party.

What made that one of your favorite memories?

Probably just the way that everybody just embraced the fact that he won. ... You know that people have their differences, but everybody came together and celebrated. But you know, that's Brown. Everybody from different backgrounds come together for one cause.

Weirdest memory?

The weirdest memory that I have would probably be the naked donut run.

Were you a spectator or participant?

Um, (pause) spectator, and not by choice. Not by choice.

If you could date any athlete, be it pro or collegiate, who would it be?

Dwayne Wade. My teammates know that I'm obsessed with him. If there's a Miami Heat game on in the locker room, they know not to change it.

The Olympics just wrapped up. What was your favorite part?

Speed skating. Apolo Ohno is a beast. So that was pretty fun to watch because I could never do that. First of all, I don't know how to ice skate and going that fast in a circle, I couldn't do it. I give him props.

If you could go on vacation anywhere with anyone, who and where would it be?

I would probably go to the Caribbean just to get away and have fun. I would most likely take my mother or boyfriend. Yeah, one of those two. Depends on who's paying.