Football still undefeated in Ivy League

Bruno traveled to Princeton this weekend to take on the Tigers in another key conference matchup. Despite falling behind in the first half by a score of 13-0, the Bears prevailed 17-13. While happy to escape with a win, the Bears were disappointed in their play — especially in the first half.

"We made too many miscues," said Head Coach Phil Estes. "From the opening kickoff to the end of the first half, we made too many mistakes and gave them too many opportunities."

After playing poorly in the first half, Brown came out with a sense of urgency in the second half and dominated the rest of the game. The offense came alive, racking up 253 total yards to the Tigers' 43.

The Bears cut Princeton's lead to six with 5:07 left in the third quarter after touchdown on a two-yard run from running back Mark Kachmer '13. Brown took the lead midway through the fourth quarter on an eight-yard pass from quarterback Joe Springer '11 to wide receiver Jonah Fey '12, making the score 14-13. Kicker Alex Norocea '14 extended the lead by hitting a 38-yard field goal with two minutes left in the game.

Bruno benefited from a noteworthy performance from Springer, who completed 21 of 31 passes for 185 yards with a touchdown and zero interceptions. Running back Zach Tronti '11 also provided a spark by rushing for a career high 86 yards.

Brown's defense was led by linebacker Chimso Okojo '11, who came up with a key interception in the first half after a fumble by the Bears deep in their territory on a kickoff return. Linebacker Phil Roffi '11 came up big with several key tackles including three for losses.

The Bears will continue Ivy League play by welcoming Cornell this Saturday for a 12:30 p.m. kickoff.