Letters to the Editor

Letter: A plea to reinstate Dr. Rick Bungiro

Opinions

November 8, 2020 0 comments

I recently heard about the resignation of Dr. Rick Bungiro from the Division of Biology and Medicine and his subsequent request for reinstatement. I took two classes with Dr. Bungiro in the Fall of 2011 and Spring of 2012.

Letter: A Goodbye from Dr. Meek

Opinions

Letter: A Goodbye from Dr. Meek

November 2, 2020 0 comments

I wanted to send you all a thank-you note as I depart the University. I’ve been the director of Counseling and Psychological Services for 3.5 years, and during that time our center has gone through a major transformation, in no small part thanks to you.

Letter: Paxson should hear Carroll’s request to eliminate undemocratic student committees

Op-eds, Opinions

September 20, 2020 0 comments

In his Sept. 16 op-ed, Jason Carroll ’21 makes a strong and reasonable case for student selection of student representation on advisory committees at the University.

Letter: Why Isn’t President Paxson an Amy Cohen?

Opinions

September 17, 2020 0 comments

To The Editor: Brown took a step toward gender equity in settling its Title IX lawsuit by reinstating two of the five women’s teams that were reduced to club status.

Letter: To build distinction in athletics, Brown made painful but necessary decision

Opinions

July 17, 2020 5 comments

To the Editor: I write as a Brown alumnus, proud parent of two Brown graduates and Chancellor of the University with deep respect for the perspectives of members of our community. 

Letter: Brown is Better Off for President Paxson’s Athletics Initiative

Opinions

June 10, 2020 2 comments

To the Editor: It is highly ironic that contributor Peter Mackie ’59 extolled former President Ruth Simmons when it was her abject decade-long failure to support Brown athletics that has led to President Christina Paxson P’19’s necessary and reasoned initiative.

Letter: Coverage of Excellence in Brown Athletics Initiative

Opinions

June 9, 2020 0 comments

To the Editor: Thank you for your recent coverage of the University’s recent athletics decisions, as well as many reactions described in published opinion pieces.

Letter: To the Class of 2020 from President Christina Paxson P’19

Opinions

June 1, 2020 0 comments
This article is part of the series Commencement Magazine 2020

I hope you are embracing your graduation as a moment of tremendous accomplishment and celebration.

Letter: Student Governance and the Class Coordinating Board

Opinions

May 15, 2020 0 comments

To the Editor:  The Undergraduate Council of Students has and will always welcome input and collaboration from all students and student groups on our campus. 

Letter: We Have Been Trying and Will Try Harder

Opinions

April 25, 2020 0 comments

To the editor: I wanted to add some context to the recent op-ed titled: “Chen ’22: The danger of a single narrative in the form of petitions.