Letters to the Editor

Letter: Paxson should hear Carroll’s request to eliminate undemocratic student committees

Op-eds, Opinions

September 20, 2020 0 comments

In his Sept. 16 op-ed, Jason Carroll ’21 makes a strong and reasonable case for student selection of student representation on advisory committees at the University.

Letter: Why Isn’t President Paxson an Amy Cohen?

Opinions

September 17, 2020 0 comments

To The Editor: Brown took a step toward gender equity in settling its Title IX lawsuit by reinstating two of the five women’s teams that were reduced to club status.

Letter: To build distinction in athletics, Brown made painful but necessary decision

Opinions

July 17, 2020 5 comments

To the Editor: I write as a Brown alumnus, proud parent of two Brown graduates and Chancellor of the University with deep respect for the perspectives of members of our community. 

Letter: Brown is Better Off for President Paxson’s Athletics Initiative

Opinions

June 10, 2020 2 comments

To the Editor: It is highly ironic that contributor Peter Mackie ’59 extolled former President Ruth Simmons when it was her abject decade-long failure to support Brown athletics that has led to President Christina Paxson P’19’s necessary and reasoned initiative.

Letter: Coverage of Excellence in Brown Athletics Initiative

Opinions

June 9, 2020 0 comments

To the Editor: Thank you for your recent coverage of the University’s recent athletics decisions, as well as many reactions described in published opinion pieces.

Letter: To the Class of 2020 from President Christina Paxson P’19

Opinions

June 1, 2020 0 comments
This article is part of the series Commencement Magazine 2020

I hope you are embracing your graduation as a moment of tremendous accomplishment and celebration.

Letter: Student Governance and the Class Coordinating Board

Opinions

May 15, 2020 0 comments

To the Editor:  The Undergraduate Council of Students has and will always welcome input and collaboration from all students and student groups on our campus. 

Letter: We Have Been Trying and Will Try Harder

Opinions

April 25, 2020 0 comments

To the editor: I wanted to add some context to the recent op-ed titled: “Chen ’22: The danger of a single narrative in the form of petitions.

Letter: Biden should compromise with progressives. And he already has.

Opinions

April 19, 2020 0 comments

To the Editor:  I agree with Arvind Veluvali ’20 that if moderate Democrats “are willing to make compromises to the right, they should be willing to do so to the left.” Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, must make compromises with the progressive wing of the party. If […]

Letter: Coach Behn is a positive force, not a negative one

Opinions

March 9, 2020 5 comments

The Herald’s recent article about Women’s Basketball Head Coach Sarah Behn, titled “Brown University Band will not perform at women’s basketball games in protest of Head Coach,” was quite disheartening.