A look into Brown’s COVID-19 Research Seed Funded projects

Brown Research Seed Fund fuels ongoing research on COVID-19

COVID-19 Updates, News, Science & Research

June 10, 2020 0 comments

The University distributed $350,000 in research funds through the COVID-19 Seed Awards this April to faculty carrying out experiments on the virus and its societal impact.

Starting at the microscopic level: COVID-19 researchers at Brown combat viral proteins

News, Science & Research

June 17, 2020 0 comments

With the assistance of the COVID-19 Research Seed Fund awards, several projects are diving in to investigate COVID-19 on the microscopic, molecular level.

Graphene Composites has partnered with researchers at the University to test the efficacy of their new graphene ink, which can coat PPE and kill incoming viruses. The product includes ultra thin sheets of graphene molecules that capture SARS-CoV-2 particles. Silver nanoparticles float in and destroy its exterior shell.

News, Science & Research

Now you see me, now you don’t: Using artificial intelligence to identify COVID-19, developing a PPE coating to stop it in its tracks

August 19, 2020 0 comments

Instead of relying on only a physical barrier, what if scientists were to develop a substance capable of killing COVID-19’s viral particles when they come in contact with personal protective equipment?

To examine the effects of COVID-19 on communities, Brown researchers turn to data

News, Science & Research

September 10, 2020 0 comments

With the assistance of the University’s COVID-19 Research Seed Fund, some research groups have focused their microscopes on the viral particles behind the infection, while others have built technology to approach the pandemic’s challenges from various angles.

Pulling narratives from pages of COVID-19 health data

News, Science & Research

September 14, 2020 0 comments

The numbers, labels and descriptions pertaining to medical patients and COVID-19 cases that are housed in electronic health records may seem to be nothing more than a track record — a jumble of information a physician updates, typing away as their patient sits down for a visit.