Topic: 2020 Presidential Election

Quarter of undergrads support Warren in Democratic race

Metro, News, University News

October 18, 2019 0 comments

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has emerged as the most popular Democratic presidential candidate among University undergraduates, with 24.2 percent indicating that they would vote for her if the 2020 primary were held today, according to The Herald’s fall 2019 poll.

Yesterday, five Brown students spoke about their involvement with 2020 presidential campaigns for the high-stakes upcoming election.

News, University News

Students discuss how to influence presidential, local elections

October 8, 2019 0 comments

As the 2020 presidential race heats up and young people prepare for a high-stakes election, University students are talking about how to best leave their mark.

Students show their support for various presidential candidates on campus with chalk statements. Groups have formed around Buttigieg, Sanders, Warren and Yang for the upcoming 2020 Democratic primary election.

News, University News

Students begin rallying behind presidential candidates

October 2, 2019 0 comments

As the 2020 elections loom large on campus, students have begun to form groups around presidential candidates to increase student support.

Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza endorsed Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, for president of the United States.

Metro, News

Elorza endorses Pete Buttigieg for president

September 19, 2019 0 comments

Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza joined nearly 60 current and former mayors nationwide to endorse Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana, for president.

Representative Tulsi Gabbard discussed the cost of war during her talk Monday evening. The event was part of the Taubman Center for American Politics and Policy Watson Distinguished Speaker Series.

News, University News

Representative Gabbard talks presidential campaign, focus on cost of war

April 23, 2019 0 comments

Monday evening, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-HI, named the cost of war as the focus of her bid for the White House in 2020. Gabbard told the audience at an event hosted by the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs that as president…

Board of Elections proposes solution to last-minute voting

Metro, News

April 2, 2019 0 comments

The Rhode Island Board of Elections is expecting an overwhelming number of emergency mail ballots — maybe more than it can handle — during the next general election.

On Saturday, students and community members gathered for the “Brown for Beto” event as part of a national grassroots movement to encourage the presidential candidacy of former Texas congressman Beto O’Rourke.

Metro, News

University students organize for Beto O’Rourke

February 25, 2019 0 comments

Despite the already packed field of candidates vying for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, a group on campus is intent on one person joining the fray.

Miller ’19: Dem. primary candidates: Focus on the general election

Columns, Opinions

February 14, 2019 0 comments

At least nine “prominent” Democratic candidates have announced the formation of a committee to explore a run in the primaries for the 2020 Presidential election.

Simshauser ’20: For Democrats, a return to labor

Opinions

February 13, 2019 0 comments

As the crowded field of Democratic presidential hopefuls grows ever larger, and candidates attempt to distinguish themselves, their decisions inevitably augur the ideologies that will be prominent during the primaries.