Topic: Athlete of the Week

On Saturday, Ijeoma Uche broke Brown’s long jump record.

Sports

Uche ’21 breaks University long jump record

February 21, 2020 0 comments

Ijeoma Uche ’21 broke the University long jump record Saturday with a jump of 20 feet, 6.5 inches at the Yale Giegengack Indoor Invitational. She shattered her own previous University record of 20 feet, 3 inches that she set last season.

Brent Beaudoin ’20, who posted two goals and an assist last weekend, has recorded seven goals and five assists this season.

Sports

Beaudoin ’20 fuels Bears’ offense over weekend

February 14, 2020 0 comments

The men’s hockey team earned a critical three points in conference play last weekend, eclipsing Princeton 4-3 in a comeback victory Friday and tying No. 15 Quinnipiac University 2-2 Saturday.

Katie Klein ’22, an attacker, led the team in scoring with 54 successful shots and came third in opponent ejections drawn at 31.

Sports

Klein ’22 leads women’s water polo to 5-1 record at Bruno Classic

February 7, 2020 0 comments

Katie Klein ’22 helped the women’s water polo team achieve five victories over the weekend in their first tournament of the season. She converted 12 goals in six games while guiding her team to a 5-1 record, with the only loss coming to No. 18 Wagner College.

Smith ’22 is currently seventh in the Ivy League in rushing with 522 yards on 106 attempts. He and quarterback EJ Perry ’21 lead the Ivy’s second-ranked rushing attack behind only Dartmouth.

Sports

Smith ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Columbia with 70-yard run

November 22, 2019 0 comments

Running back Allen Smith ’22 helped lead the Bears to victory over Columbia Saturday, rushing 13 times for 113 yards, his second 100-yard rushing game of the season.

Orange ’23 posted the 19th-best 500 meter freestyle time in Brown history, and the 24th-best time in the 200 meter freestyle.

Sports

Orange ’23 stars for women’s swimming

November 15, 2019 0 comments

Audrey Orange ’23 got off to a blazing start in the first swim meet of her collegiate career, winning two individual races and one relay. Though Brown was defeated by Yale 173-127, Orange won the 200 meter race in just 1:51.27 and finished the 500 meters in 4:56.88.

Justin Jallen ’22 had a hot start to the 2019-20 hockey season, scoring a goal in each period against the Yale Bulldogs Saturday.

Sports

Jallen ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Yale

November 8, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a pair of contests against Yale last weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 on the road Friday.

First year phenom Brittany Raphino ’23 has led the women’s soccer team with eight goals scored and 19 overall points in 14 total games.

Sports

Raphino ’23 uses offensive firepower to keep soccer undefeated in Ivy League

November 1, 2019 0 comments

Brittany Raphino ’23 has scored four goals in her last three games for the women’s soccer team and has posted 19 points on the season. Bruno is currently leading the Ivy League with a 5-0-0 conference record and a 12-1-1 overall performance and is set to close out the season a week from tomorrow.

Makena Ehlert ’20 has been a constant force this season, playing in every set and standing at second in both Ivy kills and points.

Sports

Ehlert ’20 leads Bears to win over Lions

October 25, 2019 0 comments

Outside hitter Makena Ehlert ’20 recorded 19 kills and two blocks to lead Brown in a win against Columbia over the weekend.

Leo Berkman ’23 has had a breakout first year on the men’s water polo team, scoring the second-highest number of goals.

Sports

Berkman ’23 leads water polo over MIT

October 18, 2019 0 comments

Brown beat Massachusetts Institute of Technology 17-12 at home Saturday with a hat trick from attacker Leo Berkman ’23 that helped the Bears short circuit the Engineers.

Van Rootselaar ’22 guided Brown to a 3-1 victory over Dartmouth Saturday. The sophomore midfielder has scored 15 points this year.

Sports

Van Rootselaar ’22 leads field hockey to victory

October 11, 2019 0 comments

Field hockey midfielder Danielle van Rootselaar ’22 played a role in all three goals in the Bears’ win against Dartmouth over the weekend, assisting in the first two tallies and scoring the final goal herself.