Topic: Athlete of the Week

Litsky ’20 looks back on Brown tennis career

Sports

March 29, 2020 0 comments

Peter Litsky ’20 closed out his senior season on a hot streak, winning his final eight completed singles matches and leading the men’s tennis team to victories against Yale, Michigan State University and Boston College.

At the close of her sophomore year, lacrosse player Sophia DeRosa '22 stood fourth in assists and second in goals, shots and shots on goal.

Sports

DeRosa ’22 reflects on canceled women’s lacrosse season

March 21, 2020 0 comments

Sophia DeRosa ’22 was scorching her sophomore campaign as an attacker and assistant team captain on the women’s lacrosse team when the COVID-19 pandemic brought the season to an abrupt end.

Aughavin, a political science concentrator, led the men’s lacrosse team to a comeback victory over the defending national champions.

Sports

Ryan Aughavin ’21 scores three goals in win over No. 8 Virginia

March 13, 2020 0 comments

Ryan Aughavin ’21 rose to the occasion during Sunday’s lacrosse game against the University of Virginia, the defending national champions and No. 8 ranked team in the country. His three goals were critical in Bruno’s 14-13 win.

Bastianelli has fought to a 17-11 record this season, which includes three pins and three technical falls.

Sports

Nino Bastianelli ’21 edges wrestling association rivals

February 28, 2020 0 comments

Nino Bastianelli ’21 picked up two crucial victories this weekend to close out the wrestling team’s regular season, helping the Bears edge Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association rivals Harvard and Sacred Heart.

On Saturday, Ijeoma Uche broke Brown’s long jump record.

Sports

Uche ’21 breaks University long jump record

February 21, 2020 0 comments

Ijeoma Uche ’21 broke the University long jump record Saturday with a jump of 20 feet, 6.5 inches at the Yale Giegengack Indoor Invitational. She shattered her own previous University record of 20 feet, 3 inches that she set last season.

Brent Beaudoin ’20, who posted two goals and an assist last weekend, has recorded seven goals and five assists this season.

Sports

Beaudoin ’20 fuels Bears’ offense over weekend

February 14, 2020 0 comments

The men’s hockey team earned a critical three points in conference play last weekend, eclipsing Princeton 4-3 in a comeback victory Friday and tying No. 15 Quinnipiac University 2-2 Saturday.

Katie Klein ’22, an attacker, led the team in scoring with 54 successful shots and came third in opponent ejections drawn at 31.

Sports

Klein ’22 leads women’s water polo to 5-1 record at Bruno Classic

February 7, 2020 0 comments

Katie Klein ’22 helped the women’s water polo team achieve five victories over the weekend in their first tournament of the season. She converted 12 goals in six games while guiding her team to a 5-1 record, with the only loss coming to No. 18 Wagner College.

Smith ’22 is currently seventh in the Ivy League in rushing with 522 yards on 106 attempts. He and quarterback EJ Perry ’21 lead the Ivy’s second-ranked rushing attack behind only Dartmouth.

Sports

Smith ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Columbia with 70-yard run

November 22, 2019 0 comments

Running back Allen Smith ’22 helped lead the Bears to victory over Columbia Saturday, rushing 13 times for 113 yards, his second 100-yard rushing game of the season.

Orange ’23 posted the 19th-best 500 meter freestyle time in Brown history, and the 24th-best time in the 200 meter freestyle.

Sports

Orange ’23 stars for women’s swimming

November 15, 2019 0 comments

Audrey Orange ’23 got off to a blazing start in the first swim meet of her collegiate career, winning two individual races and one relay. Though Brown was defeated by Yale 173-127, Orange won the 200 meter race in just 1:51.27 and finished the 500 meters in 4:56.88.

Justin Jallen ’22 had a hot start to the 2019-20 hockey season, scoring a goal in each period against the Yale Bulldogs Saturday.

Sports

Jallen ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Yale

November 8, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a pair of contests against Yale last weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 on the road Friday.