Donate

Topic: Black History Month

Stephon Alexander, Andrew Campbell and Arif Hamid were among 100 Black scientists recognized for their research, as well as their commitment to championing diversity and mentorship.

News, Science & Research

Academic journal honors three Black U. researchers

February 24, 2020 0 comments

Earlier this February, in honor of Black History Month, three University researchers were named to a list of “100 Inspiring Black Scientists in America” released by CellPress — the publisher of renowned research journals like Cell — through its blog CrossTalk.

Tatum, author of “Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?”, emphasized that ending race-conscious admissions would threaten critical engagements between students.

News, University News

Beverly Tatum discusses racial psychology at MLK Lecture

February 12, 2020 0 comments

Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum visited the University Tuesday night for the 2020 Martin Luther King Jr. lecture, discussing at length what it means to be a person of color in America, both historically and today.

Thomas ’21: Reflecting on Black History Month

Columns, Opinions

February 25, 2019 Comments are Disabled

It’s Black History Month. Every February is dedicated to appreciating the history of black people in the United States. Superficially, people recognize the significance of this month of remembrance; when presented with the statement “Black History Month is important” many would agree.

School of Public Health sponsors first Black History Month lecture

News, University News

March 7, 2017 Comments are Disabled

2019 will mark the 400 year anniversary of the first Africans arriving in Jamestown to be sold as slaves.

Arts & Culture

Under the Spotlight: Feb. 9

February 9, 2016 Comments are Disabled

The Department of East Asian Studies is hosting Chinese Language Week, five nights of festivities starting with a celebration of Chinese New Year Monday.