Topic: Brown Men’s Basketball

Bruno finished the season tied for fourth in the Ivy league with Penn, just short of making the Ivy League Tournament.

Sports

Brown men’s basketball eliminated from Ivy League Tournament contention

March 9, 2020 0 comments

Although the men’s basketball team played at Harvard and Dartmouth this weekend, its real opponent was Penn. Brown had to win both games and Penn had to lose at least one of its matchups against Cornell and Columbia for Bruno to clinch a trip to the Ivy League Tournament.

The Bears lost two home games this weekend, falling to Princeton by 22 points Friday and Penn by 5 points Saturday. Next weekend, they will play Harvard and Dartmouth in the final weekend of the regular season.

Sports

Men’s basketball drops final two home games to Princeton, Penn

March 3, 2020 0 comments

The men’s basketball team came up empty in its last home weekend of the season, losing to Princeton Friday and Penn Saturday. After dropping its last three games, Bruno is tied for fourth place in the Ivy League with Penn.

Brandon Anderson ’20 jumps for the basket in the packed Pizzitola Center Saturday night. Following a 75-63 loss to the University of Massachusetts at Lowell Tuesday, the Bears fell again by a tally of 76-56 against the United States Naval Academy.

Sports

Men’s basketball falls to U.S. Naval Academy after second-half collapse

December 2, 2019 0 comments

The men’s basketball team lost at home Saturday to the United States Naval Academy by a score of 76-56, dropping its second consecutive contest for the first time this season after falling to University of Massachusetts at Lowell Tuesday.

Desmond Cambridge ’21 carries the ball up the court in a win against Princeton Friday. The Bears fell to Penn the next day, eliminating them from the conference race. Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Penn advance to the 2019 Ivy League Tournament.

Sports

Men’s basketball regular season ends in loss to Penn

March 11, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The men’s basketball team edged Princeton Friday but fell in a winner-take-all showdown against Penn Saturday, eliminating the Bears from the conference race and sending the Quakers to the Ivy League Tournament. Brown battled Penn in a tightly contested game, but Bruno’s 22 turnovers doomed the team in a 58-51 loss.

Joshua Howard ’20 drives to the hoop for a lay-up against Columbia Friday. After losing to the Lions, the Bears rebounded against Cornell Saturday with Howard posting 16 points.

Sports

Men’s basketball earns second-highest win total in program history

March 4, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The men’s basketball team entered this weekend in the thick of the Ivy League Playoff race — despite a disappointing loss to Columbia Friday, the Bears delivered with a victory over Cornell Saturday.

Anderson scored 13 points against Harvard and a career-high of 21 points against Dartmouth, aiding in the Bears’ victories over both schools.

Sports

Anderson ’20 leads Bears to dual victories

March 1, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Last weekend, the men’s basketball team downed Harvard (14-9, 7-3 Ivy) and Dartmouth (11-15, 2-8) in a pair of nail-biting clashes at the Pizzitola Sports Center, earning its first Ivy weekend sweep since 2014. Brandon Anderson ’20 led the team in scoring with a career-high 21 points in the victory […]

Desmond Cambridge ’21 drives to the hoop in a home win against the Dartmouth Big Green. The Bears pulled off two Ivy League victories this weekend, winning against Harvard 88-79 and Dartmouth 68-65.

Sports

Men’s basketball earns Ivy League weekend sweep

February 25, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The men’s basketball team earned crucial victories over Harvard and Dartmouth this weekend, drawing the Bears closer to an Ivy League tournament berth. The win over Harvard Friday was the Bears’ first victory against the Crimson in 20 matchups spanning almost ten years.

Guard Zach Hunsaker ’20 faces off against a Penn defender in a Friday night showdown at Pizzitola Sports Center. The Bears lost 92-82 against the Quakers, but bounced back to defeat Princeton the next day.

Sports

Bears beat Princeton, fall to Penn

February 11, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The men’s basketball team dropped their Friday night matchup against Penn in a 92-82 shootout, but rebounded at home to defeat Princeton Saturday. The Bears were down by as much as 12 early in the first half against the Tigers, but an emphatic 39-15 run allowed Bruno to hold on for the crucial 78-70 victory.

Tamenang Choh ’21 shot 75 percent from the field and averaged 12.5 points over two games against in-state rivals Salve Regina and Bryant.

Sports

Choh ’21 leads Bears to undefeated week

November 29, 2018 Comments are Disabled

While most students left campus for Thanksgiving break last week, the men’s basketball team went to work, defeating Bryant University and Salve Regina University.

Zach Hunsaker ’20 handles the ball against the University of Massachusetts Lowell Friday in an 82-74 victory. Desmond Cambridge ’21, named Tournament MVP, led the Bears with 61 points over the three games.

Sports

Men’s basketball goes undefeated in Brown Bears Tip-Off Classic

November 18, 2018 Comments are Disabled

The men’s basketball team had a perfect weekend at the Brown Bears Tip-Off Classic, knocking off the University of Massachusetts Lowell, Sacred Heart University and Army West Point to earn a 3-0 record for the tournament.