Topic: Brown men’s hockey

Trey Dodd ’20 scored the first goal of the game against Providence Saturday, giving the Bears an early lead over the Friars. Bruno resumes conference play with visits to Union College and RPI this weekend.

Sports

Men’s hockey slighted by Friars 4-2 in Mayor’s Cup contest

December 2, 2019 0 comments

Following a close loss to Bentley University on the road Tuesday, the men’s hockey team continued its non-conference slate with a visit to No. 13 Providence College this weekend.

Justin Jallen ’22 handles the puck. The Bears continue their season with a pair of home games against ECAC opponents No. 7 Clarkson University and St. Lawrence University this weekend, before visiting Bentley University for a non-conference matchup Nov. 26.

Sports

Men’s hockey opens homestand with losses to No. 13 Harvard, Dartmouth

November 17, 2019 0 comments

Following a victory over Colgate University on the road last Saturday, the men’s hockey team continued conference play with a pair of losses to Ivy foes No. 13 Harvard and Dartmouth this weekend.

Justin Jallen ’22 had a hot start to the 2019-20 hockey season, scoring a goal in each period against the Yale Bulldogs Saturday.

Sports

Jallen ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Yale

November 8, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a pair of contests against Yale last weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 on the road Friday.

PITTSBURGH, PA - OCTOBER 16:  Sam Lafferty #37 of the Pittsburgh Penguins handles the puck against Tyson Jost #17 of the Colorado Avalanche at PPG PAINTS Arena on October 16, 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Sports

Lafferty ’18 makes NHL debut with Penguins

November 7, 2019 0 comments

For Sam Lafferty ’18, the first time he put on a black and yellow jersey with his name printed on the back is a moment he will remember forever.

The Bears’ 5-1 victory over Yale marked the 100th career win for Head Coach Brendan Whittet ’94. Bruno returns to action with visits to Cornell and Colgate University this weekend.

Sports

Men’s hockey eclipses Yale 5-1 in home opener

November 3, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a home-and-home series against Yale this weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 in a close contest on the road Friday.

Co-captain Tommy Marchin ’19 leads the men’s hockey team with 26 points this season and was recently awarded Second Team All-Ivy honors. The Bears will take on Cornell in the ECAC semifinals this afternoon in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Sports

Marchin ’19 fuels Bears to victory over No. 5 Quinnipiac in Quarterfinals

March 22, 2019 0 comments

For the first time since the 2012-13 season, the men’s hockey team advanced to the semifinals of the ECAC Tournament following a series sweep over No. 5 Quinnipiac University last weekend.

Men’s hockey sweeps Quinnipiac, advances to semifinals

Sports

March 18, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team defeated No. 5 Quinnipiac University, the top-seeded team in the ECAC, in two games of a best-of-three quarterfinal series this weekend to advance to the semifinals for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

At 103 minutes and 30 seconds, the men’s hockey team’s 6-5 triple overtime victory over Princeton was the longest game in program history and the 18th longest in NCAA Division I men’s hockey records.

Sports

Bears sweep Princeton in first playoff round

March 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team defeated reigning ECAC champions Princeton in two games of a best-of-three playoff series at Meehan Auditorium this weekend, advancing to the quarterfinals for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

As the regular season came to a close, the Bears finished eighth in the ECAC. Bruno will host Princeton in a best-of-three series at Meehan Auditorium this weekend. The winner will advance to the quarterfinals next week.

Sports

Men’s hockey falls to No. 5 Quinnipiac, Princeton at home

March 4, 2019 0 comments

Following a victory over Dartmouth on the road last Saturday, the men’s hockey team closed out the regular season with a pair of losses to No. 5 Quinnipiac University and Princeton at home this weekend.

Goaltender Luke Kania ’21 made 30 saves against Dartmouth Saturday, earning his first shutout of the season and second of his career. Bruno closes out the regular season against Princeton and Quinnipiac this weekend.

Sports

Bears shut out Big Green 2-0 on road

February 25, 2019 0 comments

This weekend, the men’s hockey team took its final road trip of the regular season, paying visits to Ivy rivals No. 17 Harvard and Dartmouth. The Bears fell to the Crimson 4-2 Friday but bounced back the following night in Hanover to earn a 2-0 shutout victory over the Big Green.