Donate

Topic: Brown men’s hockey

The Bears finished ninth in the ECAC regular season standings before falling to Colgate in the first round of the playoffs this weekend.

Sports

Brown men’s hockey falls to Colgate in overtime, ends playoff run

March 9, 2020 0 comments

The men’s hockey team ended its playoff run with a pair of losses to eighth-seeded Colgate University this weekend, falling to the Raiders 3-0 Friday and 3-2 in overtime Saturday.

Gavin Nieto ’20 recorded the fifth shutout of his career against Princeton Saturday. The senior made 32 saves against the Tigers.

Sports

Men’s hockey shuts out Princeton to close regular season

March 3, 2020 0 comments

Following a pair of contests against Colgate and Cornell last week, the Bears men’s hockey team closed out the regular season with a 2-1 loss against No. 14 Quinnipiac and 2-0 shutout victory over Princeton this weekend.

Brent Beaudoin ’20 scored twice to give the Bears an early lead over Quinnipiac Saturday night. With six games remaining in the regular season, the team aims to secure home ice advantage for the first round of the playoffs in March. The Bears will face off next against Dartmouth and Harvard this week.

Sports

Brown men’s hockey topples Princeton 4-3, ties No. 16 Quinnipiac 2-2 at home

February 10, 2020 0 comments

Following a road trip to New York last week, the men’s hockey team earned a lucrative three points over the weekend, eclipsing Princeton 4-3 in a comeback victory Friday and tying No. 16 Quinnipiac University 2-2 Saturday.

Following their New York road trip, the Bears will return to Meehan Auditorium to host conference opponents No. 18 Quinnipiac University and Princeton this weekend.

Sports

Brown men’s hockey shuts out St. Lawrence 2-0, falls to Clarkson 4-1

February 3, 2020 0 comments

Following a two-week hiatus from competition, the men’s hockey team earned its first shutout victory of the season against St. Lawrence University on the road Friday. The 2-0 win highlighted a pair of mixed results over the weekend as the Bears fell to No. 6 Clarkson University 4-1 Saturday.

Trey Dodd ’20 scored the first goal of the game against Providence Saturday, giving the Bears an early lead over the Friars. Bruno resumes conference play with visits to Union College and RPI this weekend.

Sports

Men’s hockey slighted by Friars 4-2 in Mayor’s Cup contest

December 2, 2019 0 comments

Following a close loss to Bentley University on the road Tuesday, the men’s hockey team continued its non-conference slate with a visit to No. 13 Providence College this weekend.

Justin Jallen ’22 handles the puck. The Bears continue their season with a pair of home games against ECAC opponents No. 7 Clarkson University and St. Lawrence University this weekend, before visiting Bentley University for a non-conference matchup Nov. 26.

Sports

Men’s hockey opens homestand with losses to No. 13 Harvard, Dartmouth

November 17, 2019 0 comments

Following a victory over Colgate University on the road last Saturday, the men’s hockey team continued conference play with a pair of losses to Ivy foes No. 13 Harvard and Dartmouth this weekend.

Justin Jallen ’22 had a hot start to the 2019-20 hockey season, scoring a goal in each period against the Yale Bulldogs Saturday.

Sports

Jallen ’22 fuels Bears to victory over Yale

November 8, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a pair of contests against Yale last weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 on the road Friday.

PITTSBURGH, PA - OCTOBER 16:  Sam Lafferty #37 of the Pittsburgh Penguins handles the puck against Tyson Jost #17 of the Colorado Avalanche at PPG PAINTS Arena on October 16, 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Sports

Lafferty ’18 makes NHL debut with Penguins

November 7, 2019 0 comments

For Sam Lafferty ’18, the first time he put on a black and yellow jersey with his name printed on the back is a moment he will remember forever.

The Bears’ 5-1 victory over Yale marked the 100th career win for Head Coach Brendan Whittet ’94. Bruno returns to action with visits to Cornell and Colgate University this weekend.

Sports

Men’s hockey eclipses Yale 5-1 in home opener

November 3, 2019 0 comments

The men’s hockey team opened its season with a home-and-home series against Yale this weekend, earning a 5-1 victory at home Saturday after falling to the Bulldogs 3-2 in a close contest on the road Friday.

Co-captain Tommy Marchin ’19 leads the men’s hockey team with 26 points this season and was recently awarded Second Team All-Ivy honors. The Bears will take on Cornell in the ECAC semifinals this afternoon in Lake Placid at 4 p.m.

Sports

Marchin ’19 fuels Bears to victory over No. 5 Quinnipiac in Quarterfinals

March 22, 2019 Comments are Disabled

For the first time since the 2012-13 season, the men’s hockey team advanced to the semifinals of the ECAC Tournament following a series sweep over No. 5 Quinnipiac University last weekend.