Topic: Brown Men’s Soccer

Mathew Chow ’20 scored a goal early in the second half to give the Bears the lead, but the Quakers eventually scored on a penalty kick to tie the game. The game ended in a draw after 110 minutes of play.

Sports

Men’s soccer battles to 1-1 draw against Penn

November 3, 2019 0 comments

In an even match from the opening whistle to the end of double overtime, the Brown Bears battled Penn to a 1-1 draw Saturday.

A draw on the road kept Bruno’s hopes of winning the Ivy League Title alive. The 1-1-2 Bears currently sit in 5th place, four points behind conference leader Yale.

Sports

Men’s soccer fights to double-overtime draw with Cornell

October 28, 2019 0 comments

Coming off of a heartbreaking loss against the College of the Holy Cross Tuesday, the men’s soccer team took to the road to battle Cornell. Bruno came out strong with the opening goal in the 22nd minute, but the game ultimately ended after double overtime in a 1-1 tie.

Senior Co-Captain Jackson Goebel ’20 scored the first goal for the Bears in the 14th minute past Princeton goalkeeper Jacob Schachner.

Sports

Men’s soccer battles Princeton to draw

October 15, 2019 0 comments

Facing a 0-1 conference record and a four-game losing streak, the men’s soccer team entered their matchup against Princeton Saturday in need of a win to stay competitive in the Ivy League.

The men’s and women’s soccer teams garnered average GPAs of 3.44 and 3.58 in the 2018-2019 academic year, respectively.

Sports

Soccer teams earn academic awards

October 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s and women’s soccer teams earned the United Soccer Coaches 2018-19 Team Academic Award, given to college teams with a composite grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

Although the Bears registered nine shots on target, ten corner kicks and nine saves by Max Gross ’21, the Aztecs came away the 2-0 victors.

Sports

Men’s soccer falls to San Diego State

September 29, 2019 0 comments

The men’s soccer team dropped their third straight game Sunday to San Diego State University, losing 0-2 on two short range goals by the Aztecs.

Bruno did not score against the Howard Bisons until a strike by Malcolm Johnson ’22 found the back of the net at the 70th minute. The Colonials snuck two goals past the Bears in a Saturday match.

Sports

Men’s soccer bests Howard, falls to George Washington

September 16, 2019 0 comments

The men’s soccer team headed south to the nation’s capital this weekend searching for its first win of the season and found it against Howard University with a 1-0 victory Thursday.

Will Mims ’21  earned a yellow card in the 80th minute of the game. The Bears maintained solid defense against the Hawks’ attack until the 88th minute, when Hartford’s Knights-Browne broke the tie, resulting in a 2-1 defeat in the Bears’ first game of the season.

Sports

Men’s soccer stunned by Hartford Hawks on late goal

September 8, 2019 0 comments

After Michael Chung ’23 fired a shot past the opposing goalkeeper in the first half of the men’s soccer team’s opener against Hartford University this Friday, it looked like the Bears were on their way to a winning start for the year.

Men’s soccer draws in defensive battle against Hofstra

Sports

October 24, 2018 0 comments

Coming off a heartbreaking loss Saturday to the Cornell Big Red, the men’s soccer team hoped to rebound against a tough Hofstra University squad Tuesday night at Stevenson-Pincince field.

Midfielder Rodrigo D’Andrea ’20 rushes to celebrate the game-winning goal with his teammates. With the crucial victory, the Bears move to 1-2 in conference play and 6-5 overall this season.

Sports

Men’s soccer stuns Harvard in OT

October 14, 2018 0 comments

The men’s soccer team earned its first Ivy League win of the season after netting a dramatic overtime goal against Harvard Saturday night at Stevenson-Pincince Field.

The Bear’s matchup against previously undefeated URI ended in victory.  URI had not conceded a goal in six games or lost a contest all season.

Sports

Chow ’20 nets double overtime game-winner

September 27, 2018 0 comments

As of last weekend, the University of Rhode Island men’s soccer team had not given up a goal in six games or lost a contest all season. That is, until Brown midfielder Matthew Chow ’20 came along.