Topic: Brown University Community Council

The Just Food Committee was created in 2019 to assess University policies on food purchasing and the supply chains of food consumed on campus.

News, University News

Just Food Committee presents final report at BUCC meeting

April 15, 2021 0 comments

Student and staff members of the Just Food Committee presented their final report on how the University can improve its food purchasing and food supply chains at the Brown University Community Council meeting Wednesday. 

During its final meeting of the semester Wednesday, members of the BUCC and Brown community discussed updates on various initiatives.

News, University News

Summer and fall semesters, updates on Brook Street Dormitory discussed at BUCC meeting

April 15, 2021 0 comments

Members of the University’s administration and student body discussed changes for the upcoming summer and fall semesters, updates on the Food Access Initiative and the progress of the Brook Street dormitory project at the Brown University Community Council’s final meeting of the semester April 14.

All lockouts and wellness checks during business hours will be carried out by the Office of Residential Life instead of DPS, administrators said at a Nov. 18 BUCC meeting as part of a larger conversation about DPS and public safety on campus.

Current DPS role, lockout protocol, body cameras among policing policy raised at BUCC meeting

November 18, 2020 0 comments

Members of the University’s administration and student body discussed current safety practices, changes to dorm lockout policies and an external DPS review among other aspects of campus safety at a Brown University Community Council meeting Nov. 18. 

The Brown University Community Council discussed long term sustainability goals, the library’s five-year strategic plan and other initiatives at Wednesday’s meeting.

News, University News

BUCC discusses sustainability, library initiative

November 21, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Assistant Provost for Sustainability Stephen Porder presented several long-term goals for sustainability during yesterday’s Brown University Community Council meeting.

At yesterday’s BUCC meeting, Associate Dean of Students Kirsten Wolfe presented a restorative justice approach to the Student Code of Conduct, and students proposed the formation of an eco-conscious fair food committee.

News, University News

BUCC considers fair food initiative

April 17, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Students proposed a resolution aiming to create a Fair Food Committee that would set environment and labor standards for food products across campus at Tuesday’s Brown University Community Council meeting.

News, University News

University discusses increasing aid for highest need students

March 20, 2018 Comments are Disabled

On Tuesday, the Brown University Community Council discussed a working proposal to increase food and textbook aid for undergraduate students with the highest financial need.

In the first meeting of the semester, Brown University Community Council received recommendations for the structure of work-study employment at the University.

News, University News

Changes recommended to student employment practices

February 14, 2018 Comments are Disabled

A student employment working group recommended several changes to University student employment practices at the Brown University Community Council’s first meeting of the semester yesterday.