Donate

Topic: Brown women’s basketball

At a game this season, the women's basketball team faced off against Merrimack College — where new head coach Monique Leblanc coached for nine years.

Sports

Women’s basketball hires Head Coach Monique LeBlanc

April 13, 2020 2 comments

Monique LeBlanc was named the new head coach of the women’s basketball team Friday. LeBlanc comes to Brown after spending nine years as the head coach at Merrimack College and before that, three seasons as assistant coach at Bucknell University.

Sarah Behn steps down as women’s basketball head coach

News, Sports, University News

March 24, 2020 0 comments

Sarah Behn stepped down from her position as head coach of the women’s basketball team, the University announced yesterday in a press release.

Letter: Coach Behn is a positive force, not a negative one

Letters to the Editor, Opinions

March 9, 2020 5 comments

The Herald’s recent article about Women’s Basketball Head Coach Sarah Behn, titled “Brown University Band will not perform at women’s basketball games in protest of Head Coach,” was quite disheartening.

Heffernan: Gender bias in the critique of Coach Behn

Op-eds, Opinions

March 4, 2020 7 comments

The Feb. 24 Brown Daily Herald article announcing that the Brown Band will not perform at women’s basketball games to protest the head coach was chilling. Citing and reporting “allegations circulating” and “things we were hearing,” the band and The BDH threatened the career of a well-respected coach and educator.

In Sarah Behn’s tenure as head coach of the women’s basketball team, the Bears have accumulated an Ivy League record of 20-60, with a conference-winning percentage of 25.0 over that span.

News, Sports, University News

Brown University Band will not perform at women’s basketball games in protest of Head Coach

February 24, 2020 20 comments

The Brown University Band announced they will not be playing at women’s basketball home games for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season, citing allegations circulating about the conduct of women’s basketball Head Coach Sarah Behn.

Justine Gaziano ’20 scored a career-high 35 points in the winning effort against Bryant University last weekend.

Sports

Gaziano ’20 powers Bears to victory over Bryant

December 7, 2018 0 comments

Junior guard Justine Gaziano ’20 notched 35 points last weekend as the women’s basketball team breezed past Bryant University 84-68 at the Ocean State Tip-Off Tournament. For her standout performances in Bruno’s tournament play, she has been named The Herald’s Athlete of the Week.

Justine Gaziano ’20 led the Bears with 27 points against Central Connecticut State University. Though the team struggled with a poor shooting performance, it came out on top with a 68-63 win.

Sports

Women’s basketball clinches season opener at home against CCSU

November 8, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team outlasted the Central Connecticut State University Blue Devils in a physical battle at home Tuesday night, with 28 forced turnovers powering the Bears to the win in their season opener.

Justine Gaziano ’20 shot well in the Saturday match against Columbia despite the loss. Ever resilient, the team triumphed over Cornell Sunday.

Sports

Bears beat Cornell, fall to Columbia

March 2, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team held their final home stand of the season this weekend.

Dominique Leonidas ‘21 scored a career-high 21 points against Harvard Friday night.  In the future, she hopes to win the Ivy League Championship.

Sports

Leonidas ’21 named Ivy Rookie of the Week

February 23, 2018 0 comments

Dominique Leonidas ’21 has been red-hot for the women’s basketball team lately.

Bears fall at Cornell, defeat Columbia

Sports

Bears fall at Cornell, defeat Columbia

February 11, 2018 0 comments

The women’s basketball team was back in action this weekend, hitting the road to compete against Cornell and Columbia.