Topic: Brown women’s hockey

Bruno outshot the Hawks 39-22 in Saturday’s matchup, which went into a five-minute overtime period but resulted in a 3-3 tie.

Sports

Women’s hockey completes 1-0-1 weekend at home against St. Anselm

January 27, 2020 0 comments

The Bears came away with a victory against St. Anselm College Friday in a 1-0 shutout before tying the Hawks 3-3 Saturday.

Goalkeeper Calla Isaac ’20 stopped 31 shots Friday to bring her total saves to 155 for this season, the fourth highest in the league. The Bears will look to start a new winning streak when they take the ice against Colgate University on Friday.

Sports

Women’s hockey defeats RPI 2-1 in home opener

November 11, 2019 0 comments

The Bears returned for their home opener after five losses on the road to defeat Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 2-1, earning their first victory of the season. The following night Bruno fell to Union College 1-4 on home ice.

Bruno loses momentum, falls to Boston University

Sports

November 29, 2018 0 comments

When forward Sena Hanson ’20 scored eight minutes into the third period to tie the women’s hockey team’s match-up against Boston University, it seemed that Bruno, coming off a four-game stretch without a win, finally had all the momentum.

Calla Isaac ’20 (left) and Lizzy Gross ’22 (right) delivered impressive performances on the ice last weekend against Holy Cross.

Sports

Gross, Isaac stand out in opening weekend

October 26, 2018 0 comments

The women’s hockey team opened its season in formidable fashion with a series sweep over the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Sports

Sports Roundup, Oct. 22

October 21, 2018 0 comments

Women’s Hockey The women’s hockey team opened its season with a series sweep over College of the Holy Cross, earning a 3-1 win Friday and 4-0 shutout victory Saturday.

Maddie Woo ’17, a former forward for the Brown women’s ice hockey team, returns to Meehan Auditorium with her new team, the Kunlun Red Star.

Sports

Women’s hockey to play game against Chinese professional team

October 12, 2017 0 comments

While the women’s hockey team will skate on a familiar arena Friday night, a new set of blades will also take the ice.