Topic: Brown women’s hockey

Ruzzi has spent the past two years as an assistant women's hockey coach at Princeton, an experience she expects will prove useful in her transition to coaching at Brown.

Sports

U. hires Melanie Ruzzi as women’s hockey coach

June 3, 2021 0 comments

Melanie Ruzzi was hired as the new head coach of the women’s hockey team, Vice President  for Athletics and Recreation M. Grace Calhoun PhD’92 announced in a statement May 20.

Bruno outshot the Hawks 39-22 in Saturday’s matchup, which went into a five-minute overtime period but resulted in a 3-3 tie.

Sports

Women’s hockey completes 1-0-1 weekend at home against St. Anselm

January 27, 2020 Comments are Disabled

The Bears came away with a victory against St. Anselm College Friday in a 1-0 shutout before tying the Hawks 3-3 Saturday.

Goalkeeper Calla Isaac ’20 stopped 31 shots Friday to bring her total saves to 155 for this season, the fourth highest in the league. The Bears will look to start a new winning streak when they take the ice against Colgate University on Friday.

Sports

Women’s hockey defeats RPI 2-1 in home opener

November 11, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The Bears returned for their home opener after five losses on the road to defeat Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 2-1, earning their first victory of the season. The following night Bruno fell to Union College 1-4 on home ice.

Bruno loses momentum, falls to Boston University

Sports

November 29, 2018 Comments are Disabled

When forward Sena Hanson ’20 scored eight minutes into the third period to tie the women’s hockey team’s match-up against Boston University, it seemed that Bruno, coming off a four-game stretch without a win, finally had all the momentum.

Calla Isaac ’20 (left) and Lizzy Gross ’22 (right) delivered impressive performances on the ice last weekend against Holy Cross.

Sports

Gross, Isaac stand out in opening weekend

October 26, 2018 Comments are Disabled

The women’s hockey team opened its season in formidable fashion with a series sweep over the College of the Holy Cross last weekend.

Sports

Sports Roundup, Oct. 22

October 21, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Women’s Hockey The women’s hockey team opened its season with a series sweep over College of the Holy Cross, earning a 3-1 win Friday and 4-0 shutout victory Saturday.

Maddie Woo ’17, a former forward for the Brown women’s ice hockey team, returns to Meehan Auditorium with her new team, the Kunlun Red Star.

Sports

Women’s hockey to play game against Chinese professional team

October 12, 2017 Comments are Disabled

While the women’s hockey team will skate on a familiar arena Friday night, a new set of blades will also take the ice.