Donate

Topic: Brown women’s lacrosse

At the close of her sophomore year, lacrosse player Sophia DeRosa '22 stood fourth in assists and second in goals, shots and shots on goal.

Sports

DeRosa ’22 reflects on canceled women’s lacrosse season

March 21, 2020 0 comments

Sophia DeRosa ’22 was scorching her sophomore campaign as an attacker and assistant team captain on the women’s lacrosse team when the COVID-19 pandemic brought the season to an abrupt end.

After falling behind three goals to none early in their matchup against Dartmouth, the women’s lacrosse team recovered to take a 6-5 lead into halftime. But the Big Green fought back to earn the  victory on a game-winning goal in sudden death overtime.

Sports

Women’s lacrosse falls to Dartmouth 12-11 in overtime

March 3, 2020 0 comments

Brown (2-2, 0-1 Ivy) took on No. 16 Dartmouth (3-0, 1-0 Ivy) in its first conference game of the season Saturday, ultimately falling by one point in a nail-bitingly close matchup in which the teams were tied seven times before entering overtime.

Claire Jeschke ’22 powers down the field. The women’s lacrosse team’s victory over Yale Saturday marked its first Ivy League win of the season. The Bears travel to New Jersey to face Princeton Saturday.

Sports

Women’s lacrosse bests Bulldogs in 14-11 win at home

March 18, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Coming off a series of losses to Dartmouth, Bryant University and the Naval Academy, the women’s lacrosse team (3-4, 1-1 Ivy) faced a pivotal matchup against Ivy rival Yale (4-3, 0-2) Saturday.

Mosenthal was awarded second team All-Ivy honors last season.

Sports

Mosenthal ’21 leads lacrosse to weekend win

February 22, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The women’s lacrosse team opened its season Saturday at home with a 16-9 victory against Quinnipiac University, led by the formidable offense of Risa Mosenthal ’21. Mosenthal, an attacker from Campton, New Hampshire, scored eight goals in the matchup, tying a program record for the most goals scored in a single game.

Women’s lacrosse down Monmouth in decisive victory

Sports

March 11, 2018 Comments are Disabled

The past week has been a busy one for the women’s lacrosse team.

Bre Hudgins ’14 was drafted by the Boston Storm of the United Women’s Lacrosse League, which enters its second season this year.

Sports

Bre Hudgins ’14 drafted by Boston Storm

April 23, 2017 Comments are Disabled

Three years ago, Bre Hudgins ’14 netted a game winning overtime goal against Princeton to give Bruno its first win over the Tigers since 1991.

Two Harvard runs defeat Bears in Saturday contest

Sports

April 16, 2017 Comments are Disabled

The women’s lacrosse team hosted Harvard Saturday at Stevenson-Pincince field in the first contest of a three-game April homestand.

Women’s lacrosse splits two-game California slate with win over Cal, loss to SDSU

Sports

April 2, 2017 Comments are Disabled

For many students, spring break offers a respite from the dreary Providence winter — a time for the student body to escape to warmer climes.