Topic: Brown Women’s Soccer

Women’s soccer’s Friday loss against Florida State University marked the end of Bruno’s first NCAA appearance following an Ivy League title win since 1994.

Sports

Historic women’s soccer season ends

November 25, 2019 0 comments

Significant preparation, an intense gaze and a nothing-to-lose attitude consumed and fueled the women’s soccer team and its hopeful fans into the second round NCAA game at Florida State University Friday evening.

A loss would have meant the end of the Bears’ season, but the win after 110 scoreless minutes took them to the tournament’s second round.

Sports

Women’s soccer advances in NCAA tournament

November 17, 2019 0 comments

Brittany Raphino ’23 heard the whistle blow and did not move. She stared down Monmouth goalie Amanda Knaub before taking the game-deciding penalty kick during the women’s soccer team’s NCAA first round matchup Saturday afternoon.

Women’s soccer moves to second round of NCAA Tournament

News, University News

November 16, 2019 0 comments

The women’s soccer team defeated Monmouth University in a penalty shoot-out Saturday to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1994.

Following the women’s soccer team’s victory in the Ivy League conference, players, friends and fans came together for the NCAA bracket announcements Monday. They learned that Bruno will face Monmouth this Saturday in a home game for the first round of the tournament.

Sports

Women’s soccer to play Monmouth for NCAA first round

November 13, 2019 0 comments

Director of Athletics Jack Hayes waited just 10 seconds after finding out who Brown would play for the first round of the NCAA tournament before approaching women’s soccer Head Coach Kia McNeill for a chat.

Women’s soccer wins league title, beats Penn in double overtime

Sports

November 3, 2019 0 comments

Abby Carchio ’20 ripped off her jersey while running the length of the field, away from the goal where she had just netted her penalty kick during the 110th minute of Saturday night’s women’s soccer game against Penn. The goal sealed a 1-0 victory and secured the Ivy League conference […]

First year phenom Brittany Raphino ’23 has led the women’s soccer team with eight goals scored and 19 overall points in 14 total games.

Sports

Raphino ’23 uses offensive firepower to keep soccer undefeated in Ivy League

November 1, 2019 0 comments

Brittany Raphino ’23 has scored four goals in her last three games for the women’s soccer team and has posted 19 points on the season. Bruno is currently leading the Ivy League with a 5-0-0 conference record and a 12-1-1 overall performance and is set to close out the season a week from tomorrow.

Saturday’s victory with goals from Raphino ’23 extended Brown’s winning streak to 12. Big Red ranks last in the the Ivy League conference.

Sports

Women’s soccer defeats Cornell 2-0

October 28, 2019 0 comments

The women’s soccer team entered Saturday’s game against Cornell leading the Ivy League with an 11-1-1 record and a dominant presence on the field. The Big Red was well aware of Brown’s prowess — as Chance the Rapper so famously said, “They don’t want no problems, want no problems with Brown.”

After beating Harvard Saturday, the women’s soccer team will take a break from league play to face off against the University of Vermont this Wednesday.

Sports

Women’s soccer beats Harvard, leads league

October 21, 2019 0 comments

Saturday morning, Lauren Hinton ’22 rode her bike along the path between the Jonathan Nelson ’77 Fitness Center and the Olney-Margolies Athletic Center before hopping off and locking it down with her U-lock. The next stop: a face off against Harvard with the rest of the women’s soccer team.

The men’s and women’s soccer teams garnered average GPAs of 3.44 and 3.58 in the 2018-2019 academic year, respectively.

Sports

Soccer teams earn academic awards

October 11, 2019 0 comments

The men’s and women’s soccer teams earned the United Soccer Coaches 2018-19 Team Academic Award, given to college teams with a composite grade point average of 3.0 or higher.

Women’s soccer beats Columbia 2-0

Sports

Women’s soccer beats Columbia 2-0

October 7, 2019 0 comments

The Bears and Lions warmed up as if it were a playoff game. Their laser-like focus and energy shot through the sky.