Donate

Topic: Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America

U. received a Mellon Foundation grant alongside UChicago, Stanford and Yale to “re-conceptualize” research approaches.

News, Science & Research

CSREA receives Mellon Foundation grant to support research, programs

February 3, 2020 0 comments

The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awarded a $4 million research grant to be split equally between four centers across universities, including the University’s Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America. The grant will fund new programs, research and public events at the University relating to issues supporting […]

Lisa Biggs, Assistant Professor of Africana Studies, read an excerpt of her latest work, a book on the impact of art for incarcerated women. Audience members listened to Biggs' talk and conversed with her after the lecture.

Arts & Culture

Professor shares work on black feminist theater for incarcerated women

March 21, 2019 Comments are Disabled

While it is unusual for drama clubs and the crisis of mass incarceration to share ground in a line of inquiry, Assistant Professor of Africana Studies Lisa Biggs spoke about the nexus of the two during a presentation Tuesday.

Filmmaker Kimi Takesue speaks about her documentary titled “95 and 6 to Go,” which follows her grandfather over the course of six years. Her film was screened at the Granoff Center last Thursday.

Arts & Culture

‘95 and 6 to Go’ explores memory, love, loss

February 26, 2019 Comments are Disabled

In her documentary “95 and 6 to Go,” Kimi Takesue illustrates a portrait of her Japanese-American grandfather, offering a moving and intimate perspective on memory, love and family. The Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America held a screening and a question-and-answer session for the film with […]

Radical Monarchs talk sisterhood, social justice

News, University News

October 4, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Radical Monarchs co-founders Anayvette Martinez and Marilyn Hollinquest kicked off a revelatory and reflective evening Wednesday night by asking audience members to imagine themselves as eleven year olds again.

CSREA kicks off with exhibit featuring artists of color

Arts & Culture

September 13, 2017 Comments are Disabled

The Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in America opened the 2017-18 academic year with the exhibit “The Body As Site Of.”