Topic: Christina Paxson

U. to allow some employees to continue remote work

News, University News

June 22, 2021 0 comments

The majority of University employees currently working remotely will be required to return to campus full-time before the beginning of the fall 2021 semester, excluding a limited few who will be allowed to continue with hybrid or remote work as approved through a formal process.

The University previously hosted its first on-campus COVID-19 vaccine clinic May 17. All students planning to return to campus for the 2021-22 academic year must be vaccinated by the fall semester.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

University to require all employees, on-campus students to receive COVID-19 vaccine by July 1

May 20, 2021 7 comments

The University will require that all employees and all students engaged in on-campus activities receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by July 1, according to a May 20 letter sent to the Brown community by President Christina Paxson P’19.

During its final meeting of the semester Wednesday, members of the BUCC and Brown community discussed updates on various initiatives.

News, University News

Summer and fall semesters, updates on Brook Street Dormitory discussed at BUCC meeting

April 15, 2021 0 comments

Members of the University’s administration and student body discussed changes for the upcoming summer and fall semesters, updates on the Food Access Initiative and the progress of the Brook Street dormitory project at the Brown University Community Council’s final meeting of the semester April 14.

The working group is a "step forward" in "accountability" for the University, Leinani Roylo '21 wrote — but "much more" work remains for the University to rectify previous harm.

News, University News

Brown announces Land Acknowledgement Working Group

March 23, 2021 1 comment

The University has formed a Land Acknowledgement Working Group, President Christina Paxson P’19 wrote in a March 11 letter to the Brown community. The new group will develop recommendations as to how the University should formally acknowledge the shared history of the institution and the local Indigenous Peoples.

Updates on selection of VP for Campus Safety, Task Force on Anti-Black Racism discussed at BUCC meeting

News, University News

March 10, 2021 0 comments

Members of the University’s administration and student body discussed the ongoing selection process for a new Vice President for Campus Safety, the progress of the Task Force on Anti-Black Racism and the University’s plans to transform general safety procedures at the Brown University Community Council meeting March 10.

President Christina Paxson P'19 covered police presence on campus, anti-Asian and Asian-American violence, the new vice president of athletics and recreation and a number of other topics at the event.

News, University News

UCS hosts undergraduate town hall with University administration

March 9, 2021 0 comments

At a town hall hosted by the Undergraduate Council of Students yesterday, President Christina Paxson P’19, along with other University administrators, discussed the University’s plans for the upcoming summer and fall semesters, support for young alums and test-optional policies for undergraduate applicants.  Tuesday’s town hall, the second-ever hosted by the […]

As of January 29, 2021, Jack Hayes has decided to step down as director of Brown Athletics. Colin Sullivan, deputy director of athletics, has taken the reins as the interim athletic director.

News, Sports, University News

Jack Hayes departs Brown, leaving behind a changed athletics department and complicated legacy

March 1, 2021 10 comments

It had been a “trying year,” a student-athlete explained to The Herald. That spring, a committee proposed cutting varsity sports teams to improve the athletics program’s competitiveness.

Jack Hayes joined the University in 2012, and will step down to join Bruin Sports Capital.

News, Sports

Director of Athletics Jack Hayes steps down

January 29, 2021 11 comments

Director of Athletics Jack Hayes will leave his position at the University, effective Feb. 5, to become a senior adviser to Bruin Sports Capital and “pursue new opportunities,” according to a Friday press release.

Paxson began her tenure Jan. 1 as chair of the Boston Federal Reserve's board of directors after previously serving as deputy chair.

News, University News

Paxson selected to chair Boston Federal Reserve board of directors

January 25, 2021 0 comments

University President Christina Paxson P’19 was selected to serve as the chair of the Boston Federal Reserve Bank’s board of directors, the Federal Reserve Board announced Dec. 23. Her position began Jan. 1.  Paxson, an expert on economics and public policy, has served on the Boston Fed’s board of directors […]

President Christina Paxson P’19 will serve as chair of the AAU under Barbara R. Snyder, the association’s president. Paxson’s appointment marks the first time that two women have simultaneously held the AAU’s top two positions.

News, University News

Paxson elected chair of Association of American Universities

October 27, 2020 1 comment

President Christina Paxson P’19 was elected chair of the Association of American Universities’ Board of Directors Tuesday, according to an AAU press release.