Topic: class of 2021

Families and guests will tune into the class of 2021's Commencement ceremony virtually, Paxson announced in a Thursday email.

News, University News

University to hold in-person Commencement for class of 2021, cancels postponed class of 2020 ceremony

January 21, 2021 1 comment

Commencement for the class of 2021 will be held in-person May 1 and 2, but families and guests must attend the event virtually in light of public health conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.

While “small, in-person departmental gatherings” could still occur, the class of 2021 will graduate with a virtual ceremony.

News, University News

RISD cancels in-person commencement

January 11, 2021 0 comments

The Rhode Island School of Design canceled in-person commencement for the class of 2021, citing uncertainty around the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to an email from President Rosanne Somerson to the student body Monday morning.

Phi Beta Kappa elects 40 members of junior class

News, University News

February 26, 2020 0 comments

On Feb. 12, 2020, 40 members of the class of 2021 were elected to the University’s Phi Beta Kappa chapter, as stated in a letter from the Secretary of the Rhode Island Alpha of Phi Beta Kappa and Professor Emeritus of French Studies Henry Majewski.

Bats discovered in Sayles Hall

News, University News

Bats discovered in Sayles Hall

March 4, 2019 Comments are Disabled

While setting up for the class of 2021’s Winter Formal in Sayles Hall last month, Lauren Reischer ’21 noticed “something swooping down from the ceiling.”

Class of 2021 applicant profile

News, University News

Class of 2021 applicant profile

March 21, 2017 2 comments

The University received a total of 32,699 applications for the class of 2021, according to Dean of Admission Logan Powell.

News, University News

‘The Tsar of Love and Techno’ chosen as First Readings text

March 14, 2017 Comments are Disabled

“The Tsar of Love and Techno” by Anthony Marra will be the summer reading for the incoming class of 2021 as part of the University’s First Readings program.