Topic: class of 2024

First-years tuned into Paxson's virtual address, which officially welcomed them to the Brown community.

News, University News

Paxson addresses vaccines, political polarization, sustainability in President’s Welcome

January 18, 2021 1 comment

In her Jan. 13 President’s Welcome to the Class of 2024, President Christina Paxson P’19 greeted the class of first-years beginning their first official semester at the University, while also addressing concerns surrounding public health, community engagement and recent political turmoil. Similar to the convocation keynote address held in fall […]

Brown plans to welcome students from each class year back in Spring 2021

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

October 29, 2020 0 comments

The University plans to offer an in-person residential experience for students from each undergraduate class for the spring semester, though space constraints may limit how many students can return. 

The virtual Meiklejohn advising program has adapted to individual student needs, presenting some challenges for first-years as they begin college.

News, University News

Meiklejohn Program remotely welcomes Brown’s first-years

October 21, 2020 0 comments

Although first-years will not arrive on College Hill until at least the spring semester due to the coronavirus pandemic, the University’s Meiklejohn Program is currently working remotely to prepare and mentor the class of 2024 for life at Brown.

66 percent of students accept admission to Brown in record high year

News, University News

September 10, 2020 1 comment

The admission yield rate for the class of 2024 reached a record high 66 percent, a 5 percent increase from the previous year, according to Dean of Admission Logan Powell.

A fall without first-years: Ten incoming students weigh in

Opinions

July 22, 2020 0 comments

The Herald circulated a form asking incoming first-year students how they felt about the University’s three-term hybrid plan for the 2020-21 academic year, which means their class will not come to campus until spring 2021. Here are ten responses.

First-year students will come to campus during the spring and summer semesters of Brown's tri-semester model.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

First-years balance excitement, concern over delayed arrival on campus

July 13, 2020 0 comments

The class of 2024 has to wait a little longer. After an unorthodox high school senior spring and an uncertain summer, first-years will not study on campus for the fall semester.

High school seniors Kristen Quesada and Haley Damon filmed reaction videos that captured their acceptances.

News, University News

In midst of COVID-19 pandemic, accepted students react to admissions decisions

March 31, 2020 0 comments

As the economy suffers and schools close in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, last week proved at least one constant: it still feels pretty good to get an acceptance letter from Brown.

Brown admits 6.9 percent of applicants amid COVID-19 crisis

News, University News

March 26, 2020 3 comments

The University admitted 1,732 students to the class of 2024, bringing this year’s overall acceptance rate to 6.9 percent, according to Dean of Admission Logan Powell.