Topic: class of 2025

Online offerings include opportunities to meet other potential first year students, conversations with professors and a virtual tour of a Minecraft model of College Hill.

News, University News

Admitted students turn to Zoom and ‘Bruniverse’ to learn about University in place of ADOCH

May 1, 2021 2 comments

As Tuesday’s deadline to commit to the class of 2025 nears, the University is utilizing a variety of online resources to convince admitted students to come to College Hill in the fall. In years past, events for admitted students in the month of April — known in admissions as “yield programming” […]

Sean Park (pictured above) said that the day he got into Brown last week was one of the “happiest of (his) life.”

News, University News

Newly-admitted students describe joy, difficult choices following Brown acceptances

April 15, 2021 0 comments

As Da-Young Kim opened her status update in the University’s applicant portal April 6, she prepared for the hallmark of Ivy Day disappointment: a message on white letterhead that read “we regret to inform you.”

The COVID Pod with Dr. Ashish Jha: Approaching a More ‘Normal’ Fall 2021

COVID-19 Updates, Multimedia, News, Podcasts, Science & Research

April 10, 2021 0 comments

On the last episode of The COVID Pod, recorded on the morning of April 9, 2021, Dean of the School of Public Health Ashish Jha is back to comment on Brown’s plans toward a more traditional semester in fall of 2021.

Brown admits record-low 5.4 percent of applicants to the class of 2025

News, University News

April 6, 2021 6 comments

The University extended offers of admission to 1,652 students tonight, bringing this year’s overall acceptance rate to a record-low of 5.4 percent, according to Dean of Admissions Logan Powell.