Topic: COVID-19 mental health

With remote students unable to make in-person visits to mental health services, CAPS and Project Let's look for alternative ways to support students online.

News, University News

CAPS and Project LETS find ways to adapt mental health services in a virtual world

April 5, 2021 0 comments

As the pandemic has disrupted in-person visits, Counseling and Psychological Services is focusing “on providing available support” to the entire student body, especially remote students who cannot access CAPS psychologists due to state licensing laws.

‘My mind never gets a chance to fully rest’: Students describe burnout from accelerated semester, lack of spring break

News, University News

April 4, 2021 0 comments

For the past month, Olivia hasn’t gotten enough sleep. She generally aims for eight hours a night, but in the last few weeks, she has averaged only six hours due to her increased workload.

The COVID Pod with Dr. Ashish Jha: Marching Forward One Year Later

COVID-19 Updates, Multimedia, News, Podcasts, Science & Research, University News

March 13, 2021 0 comments

One year into the pandemic, and on the anniversary of the day Brown announced it would be closing to students and faculty in the wake of COVID-19 in March of 2020, The COVID Pod team welcomes Dean of the School of Public Health Ashish Jha to have a conversation about looking ahead.

Hong ’24: What culture shock can tell us about the first-year experience

Columns, Opinions

March 12, 2021 0 comments

As first-years’ midterms come and go, most of us feel stressed. For students like me who are on campus for our first full semester, midterm stress may be exacerbated by homesickness and irritability.