Topic: COVID-19 vaccine

With summer semester ending on Aug. 13 and fall semester approaching, the University continues planning for increased population on campus while monitoring the Delta variant and public health guidelines.

News, University News

Brown considers adjustments for fall semester as asymptomatic, symptomatic COVID-19 testing rates remain low

July 26, 2021 0 comments

The University continues to watch public health conditions while preparing for changes leading up to the fall semester, including further reopening of campus dining halls.

As of July 20, 86 percent of all students and 93.8 percent of all faculty and staff have documented proof of full vaccination with the University.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

A timeline of COVID-19 vaccination and re-opening plans on College Hill

July 22, 2021 0 comments

Recent months for the University and Providence at large — entailing vaccine distribution, uncertain public health guidelines and a gradual re-opening of in-person activity — have proven to be a time of change, documented in an outpouring of new COVID-19 policies and plans.

Due to low numbers of positive COVID-19 cases on campus, the University plans to reserve a smaller amount of spaces for quarantine housing in the fall and remove restrictions on visitors to campus beginning Aug. 15.

COVID-19 Updates, News, Science & Research

Brown lifts restrictions on library seating, University-sponsored travel, will reduce quarantine housing, limitations on visitors

July 18, 2021 0 comments

The University has further lifted restrictions on density requirements on campus and on international travel and will make additional changes in housing capacity and campus visitor policy by the fall semester, as the number of community members testing positive for COVID-19 each week remains at a minimum.

Between July 4 and July 10, one University faculty member has tested positive for COVID-19 through the asymptomatic testing program.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

‘Testament to the community’: VP Carey discusses changes after campus students, faculty surpass 90 percent vaccination levels

July 11, 2021 1 comment

The University will begin returning to pre-pandemic campus life after on-campus students and faculty exceeded 90 percent vaccination levels, resuming in-person dining at the Sharpe Refectory and closing access to COVID-19 testing sites for vaccinated individuals this week.

Midway through the summer semester, on-campus students hit target goal with 90.6 percent vaccinated.

News, University News

On-campus COVID-19 vaccination rate reaches 90.6 percent

June 29, 2021 3 comments

The COVID-19 vaccination rate for students living on campus for the summer reached 90.6 percent last week, Executive Vice President for Planning and Policy Russell Carey ’91 MA’06 wrote in a June 25 Today@Brown announcement.

The new policies outlined by Carey hinge on near-universal vaccination rates by the start of the fall semester.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

Brown outlines policies for return to normal

June 23, 2021 1 comment

The University will drop nearly all pandemic-related restrictions by the fall semester or sooner, assuming near-universal vaccination rates on campus, Executive Vice President for Planning and Policy Russell Carey ’91 MA ’06 wrote in a Wednesday email to the University community. 

Between May 30 and June 12, there were no positive COVID-19 cases reported among students and staff through the University’s asymptomatic testing program.

Pre-college students begin ‘highly structured’ first summer session, required to test twice a week regardless of vaccination status

June 20, 2021 0 comments

High school students enrolled in Brown’s Pre-College summer programs began moving into their on-campus dorms this past weekend. They are required to partake in asymptomatic testing, and the University has worked to keep the program’s testing and dining services separate from on-campus University students.

Brown partnership with Broad Institute allows for new viral sequencing, studying of COVID-19 variants from testing program samples

June 13, 2021 0 comments

Students in the COVID-19 testing program were asked to consent to new viral sequencing for variants through the Broad Institute, the University’s testing partner, in an email sent to on-campus students June 8. 

The percentage of students on-campus who have documented COVID-19 vaccinations with the University surpasses 75 percent and nearly reaches 70 percent for on-campus employees.

More than three-quarters of students on campus have documented their COVID-19 vaccinations with the University

June 6, 2021 2 comments

The percentage of documented COVID-19 vaccinations increased to 76.8 percent and 69.3 percent, respectively, for students and employees on campus during the week of May 27 to June 2, according to the Healthy Brown COVID-19 Testing Update. 

Brown ‘on a very good trajectory’: Vaccine documentation surpasses 60 percent for employees, students on campus as Brown begins lifting COVID-19 restrictions

May 31, 2021 1 comment

The total percentage of students who have documented their COVID-19 vaccinations has increased to 40.6 percent, and the total number of employees has increased to 59.7 percent, according to the University’s May 28 COVID-19 Testing Update.