Topic: COVID-19 vaccine

The summer Quiet Period was previously shortened to seven days from the original 14-day Quiet Period implemented during the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

Brown ends Quiet Period early at start of summer term

May 15, 2021 0 comments

The University ended Quiet Period today, three days early for students who arrived on campus from May 9 to 11 for the summer semester, according to a Saturday email from Associate Vice Presidents for Campus Life Vanessa Britto MMSc’96 and Koren Bakkegard.

The COVID Pod with Dr. Ashish Jha: Approaching a More ‘Normal’ Fall 2021

COVID-19 Updates, Multimedia, News, Podcasts, Science & Research

April 10, 2021 0 comments

On the last episode of The COVID Pod, recorded on the morning of April 9, 2021, Dean of the School of Public Health Ashish Jha is back to comment on Brown’s plans toward a more traditional semester in fall of 2021.

RI to hold vaccination weekends for residents of color

Metro, News

April 9, 2021 0 comments

In order to reduce the racial disparity in COVID-19 vaccination rates in Rhode Island, the state will hold two mass vaccination weekends for residents of color in the state.

The University encourages community members to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, according to Vice President for Planning and Policy Russell Carey ’91 MA’06, who cited vaccinations as a means of helping to prevent the spread of variants.

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

VP Carey discusses student COVID-19 vaccine requirement for fall, COVID-19 protocol moving forward

April 9, 2021 2 comments

Sixteen University community members tested positive for COVID-19 through the asymptomatic testing program from April 1 to April 7, Executive Vice President for Planning and Policy Russell Carey ’91 MA’06 told The Herald in a conversation April 8.

Brown to require COVID-19 vaccine for in-person instruction in fall

News, University News

April 6, 2021 5 comments

The University will require that all undergraduate, graduate and medical students on-campus or participating in in-person instruction receive the COVID-19 vaccine for the fall 2021 semester, barring medical or religious exemptions, President Christina Paxson P’19 announced in an email to the Brown community April 6.

Hong ’24: Brown should require COVID-19 vaccinations for the fall

Columns, Opinions

March 30, 2021 9 comments

Recently, Rutgers University announced that, religious and medical exemptions aside, it will require students to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before returning to campus in the fall. Even with the end of the pandemic in sight, Rutgers has not taken for granted that its health situation on campus will get better. […]

The COVID Pod with Dr. Ashish Jha: Getting Vaccinated (with a side of free donuts)

March 27, 2021 0 comments

On March 26, 2021, the COVID Pod team welcomes Dr. Ashish Jha again to discuss expanded vaccine eligibility coming soon to Rhode Island, how to address ongoing vaccine hesitancy and what the summer and next few years will look like after more people are vaccinated. Dr. Jha also provides his […]

Adults living in Providence's more densely-populated neighborhoods are eligible for vaccination as of March 22.

Metro, News

Vaccine eligibility expanded to residents 18+ in “hardest-hit” communities of Providence, Pawtucket

March 25, 2021 0 comments

Providence has expanded vaccine eligibility to all residents ages 18 or older in “some of the neighborhoods hardest-hit by COVID-19,” Providence City Hall announced March 22. 

R.I. groups provide healthcare to underserved communities

Metro, News

March 25, 2021 0 comments

During the COVID-19 pandemic, when resources are low across the board, vulnerable communities around Rhode Island are finding access to health resources even more difficult. The Herald spoke with three organizations dedicated to increasing health care access for underserved communities.

R.I. to open vaccine eligibility to adults 16+ April 19, but supply is still limited

Metro, News

March 25, 2021 0 comments

Rhode Island Gov. Dan McKee announced March 18 that residents age 16 and older will become eligible for COVID-19 vaccination April 19.