Topic: COVID-19 vaccine

The COVID Pod with Dr. Ashish Jha: Virus Variants, Vaccines and Valentine’s

COVID-19 Updates, Multimedia, News, Podcasts, Science & Research

February 12, 2021 0 comments

On Friday, Feb. 12, the COVID Pod team sits down with Ashish Jha, dean of the School of Public Health, to discuss the variations underlying the COVID-19 pandemic and efforts to stop its spread: virus variants, new vaccines in development — and even a COVID-19-conscious approach to socializing on Valentine’s Day.

Schmidt ’21: Don’t let misinformation fool you: The COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are cool

Columns, Opinions

February 8, 2021 2 comments

As the COVID-19 vaccine rollout ramps up in the United States, more and more cases of adverse reactions to the injection are being reported. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, 484 vaccine-related incidents have been reported in Florida

Brown Boosts Immunity works to protect the health of the Brown community and Rhode Island at large.

Metro, News

Brown Boosts Immunity combats vaccine hesitancy in Rhode Island

February 8, 2021 0 comments

As COVID-19 vaccines become increasingly available, the student-led organization Brown Boosts Immunity aims to counter vaccine hesitancy in Rhode Island through education, community partnerships and a “humanizing” approach, co-founder Rebka Ephrem ’21 said.

Rhode Island unveils age-based vaccination distribution plan

Metro, News

February 3, 2021 2 comments

In December, more than 40 interest groups and businesses — representing groups ranging from school bus drivers to librarians — wrote letters to the Rhode Island Department of Health regarding COVID-19 vaccine distribution.

Vaccination for the larger student population will likely start in the summer, beginning with first-years.

News, University News

Paxson shares updates on student, faculty COVID-19 vaccination

February 2, 2021 0 comments

The University will likely begin to vaccinate students over the summer, President Christina Paxson P’19 said at the first faculty meeting of the spring semester Tuesday. 

The COVID Pod with Dr. Ashish Jha: Vaccinating the Nation, Two Doses at a Time

January 29, 2021 0 comments

The COVID Pod is back in 2021 with more insight from Dean of the School of Public Health at Brown University Ashish Jha. On this episode, The COVID Pod team takes a look at vaccine administration — what has been done so far and where it is going to go in the next few months.

There is reason to be optimistic for what lies ahead in the fight against  COVID-19

Op-eds, Opinions

There is reason to be optimistic for what lies ahead in the fight against COVID-19

January 28, 2021 0 comments

For all the dark days of this pandemic — and there are still more to come — there is now an unmistakable light ahead. Vaccines are moving: not as fast as hoped, but moving.

Some students involved in patient care recently received the COVID-19 vaccine, though the timeline for broader vaccine distribution remains uncertain.

News, University News

First COVID-19 vaccines distributed on College Hill, timeline for widespread distribution remains uncertain

January 28, 2021 1 comment

The broader undergraduate population could receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as early as the end of this semester, supplies permitting, Associate Vice President for Campus Life and Executive Director of Health and Wellness Vanessa Britto MMSc’96 speculates.

Amid limited COVID-19 vaccine supply, Rhode Island leaders prioritize equity, lowered death rate, economy in vaccine rollout

Metro, News

January 24, 2021 0 comments

With limited supply of vaccines in Rhode Island, state officials have backed a three-phased prioritization plan to determine who receives doses first, with a focus on equity and minimizing hospitalizations.

The new Rhode Island House of Representatives Task Force for COVID-19 Vaccine met for the first time Wednesday to discuss vaccine distribution with public health experts.

Metro, News

R.I. House COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force hears from public health experts on vaccine distribution

December 4, 2020 0 comments

The new Rhode Island House of Representatives Task Force for COVID-19 Vaccine discussed vaccine distribution and prioritization in the state and the challenges that lay ahead during its first meeting Wednesday.