Donate

Topic: Department of Earth Environmental and Planetary Sciences

The Lincoln Field Building is currently not compliant with the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act and is one of six buildings that the University has labeled as a priority for renovation. The proposed renovation will include elements like an accessible exit stairway, an elevator and new restrooms.

News, University News

University to renovate Lincoln Field Building, increase accessibility

November 13, 2019 0 comments

The University has begun the design phase of the Lincoln Field Building renovation, which will increase accessibility and optimize the space for the department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences.

Science and Research Roundup, Sept. 17

News, Science & Research

Science and Research Roundup, Sept. 17

September 17, 2019 0 comments

Without tongues to move food through their mouths, some sharks use their shoulders instead to pull food down their digestive tracts.

Baylor Fox-Kemper will work with 20 other scientists to write a chapter of the IPCC report to explain ocean dynamics, sea levels and the cryosphere.

News, Science & Research

University scientist to contribute to next global climate report

April 22, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Baylor Fox-Kemper, associate professor of earth, environmental and planetary sciences, was selected as a coordinating lead author for a chapter of the next global climate assessment by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Mineralogy found on moon’s South Pole-Aitken basin provides evidence for mantle and volcanic material on the lunar surface, according to a study by University researchers.

News, Science & Research

Scientists map mineralogy of large lunar basin

March 6, 2018 Comments are Disabled

University researchers recently published a study examining the mineralogy of the moon’s South Pole-Aitken basin, which could serve as guidance for future explorations on the moon.

A study conducted by the Fox-Kemper Lab found that energy dissipation of large-scale ocean turbulence follows a lognormal statistical distribution. This finding could increase the accuracy of climate models.

News, Science & Research

University researchers gain further understanding of ocean turbulence

March 5, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Scientists have long examined the dynamics of the ocean, and a recent study conducted by University researchers brings new insight into the properties of ocean turbulence.