Donate

Topic: Excellence at Brown

From the Brown Women’s Squash Team: President Paxson, Why Aren’t We Excellent?

Op-eds, Opinions

June 4, 2020 1 comment

We are two of five rising juniors on the Brown Women’s Varsity Squash team. We spent upwards of 10 years training with hopes of playing squash at a collegiate level. We have dedicated 20 hours a week for 25 weeks a year to train, travel and compete.

Skahill ’21: One Team, One Family — Women’s Cross Country, Track & Field Weigh in on Excellence Initiative

Op-eds, Opinions

June 4, 2020 0 comments

On May 28, Brown University revealed that it will cut 11 varsity athletics teams and transition them to club status, effective immediately. The decision, which was made without the knowledge of the University’s head coaches and student-athletes, has been dubbed the Excellence in Brown Athletics Initiative.

Perkins ’22, Maloney ’22: A Statement of Sentiment by the Brown Men’s Track and Field Team

Op-eds, Opinions

June 3, 2020 2 comments

Last week, the Brown Men’s Cross Country and Track and Field teams were completely blindsided and told that, effective immediately, we must “cease training, competition, and related operations at the varsity level” as part of an “Excellence Initiative”