Topic: graduate labor organization

The agreement, if ratified May 6, ends weeks of bargaining between GLO and the University.

News, University News

GLO reaches tentative agreement with University on pay raise

April 30, 2021 0 comments

The Graduate Labor Organization and the University reached a tentative agreement over a pay raise for graduate student workers on Thursday, GLO and University sources confirmed to The Herald.

The University rejected GLO’s initial demand for a 10 percent stipend increase, and responded with a counteroffer of the minimum floor of a 2.5 percent increase that faculty and staff are receiving next year.

News, University News

GLO demands higher pay raise in U. negotiations

April 15, 2021 5 comments

The University is currently engaged in negotiations with the Graduate Labor Organization on increased pay raises for graduate workers, which they are demanding in order to offset the costs of their continued work amid the pandemic.

Graduate Labor Organization ratified its first contract with the University and appointed its first executive board last year.

News, University News

Graduate students raise concerns over union transparency, communication

January 12, 2021 2 comments

When Igor Cerasa GS joined the Graduate Labor Organization, a student employee union that advocates for graduate workers’ needs and protections, he was optimistic.

Graduate Labor Organization elects first executive board

November 18, 2020 0 comments

The Graduate Labor Organization, Brown’s graduate student union, announced the election of its first 14-member executive board Nov. 8.