Topic: Graduate Student Council

Wednesday’s meeting took place in the newly renovated Graduate Student Lounge, located underneath Grad Center. The lounge has been outfitted with new flooring, cabinets, countertops and appliances.

News, University News

GSC changes bylaws, elects new chair at final meeting of year

December 5, 2019 0 comments

Sitting in the newly renovated Graduate Student Lounge, the Graduate Student Council elected a new chair of nominations, approved two revisions to its bylaws and shared updates on Executive Board initiatives in its final meeting of the semester.

Deans Vanessa Ryan and Maria Suarez spoke to students about the University working group’s progress in updating its leave of absence policies.

News, University News

GSC elects leadership for 2020

November 7, 2019 0 comments

After serving two years as President of the Graduate Student Council, Alastair Tulloch GS did not run for reelection. He will be replaced by Kathryn Thompson GS, who is currently GSC treasurer and ran uncontested for the position.

GSC elects officers, reviews end-of-year report

News, University News

May 2, 2019 0 comments

In its last general body meeting of the semester Wednesday, the Graduate Student Council held elections for internal positions, heard presentations from guest speakers and received the executive board’s end-of-year report.

GSC’s third meeting  included the selection of commencement speakers and the presentation of proposed updates to the code of conduct.

News, University News

GSC chooses commencement speakers

April 4, 2019 0 comments

The Graduate Student Council convened its third meeting of the semester, in which it elected a new Chair of Technology, selected commencement speakers and discussed proposed updates to the Code of Student Conduct with Yolanda Castillo-Appollonio…

The Graduate Student Council will elect a new Chair of Technology and will fill positions within the Council’s Masters’ Advocacy Committee, Finance Committee and Social and Student Life Committee.

News, University News

GSC discusses vacancies, Medical Student Senate relationship

March 7, 2019 0 comments

In the second meeting of the semester, the Graduate Student Council announced the election for a new Chair of Technology, updated members on the Graduate Student Strategic Initiative and discussed its relationship with the Graduate Student Union and the Medical Student Senate.

During the Graduate Student Council meeting, grad students discussed a wide array of issues including the council’s Graduate Student Strategic Initiative, increased funds for conferences, housing concerns and grad student representation in academic departments.

News, University News

Grad Student Council unveils plan for new Strategic Initiative

February 7, 2019 0 comments

In their first meeting of the semester, the Graduate Student Council presented an updated budget that allotted significantly more money toward conference funding and the GSC’s newly-unveiled Graduate Student Strategic Initiative, which will outline the GSC’s long-term goals. During the meeting, council members outlined the initiative’s purpose and future goals. […]

A bias report submitted through the new system will be reviewed by faculty, staff, undergraduates, graduate students and medical students. It is unclear whether graduate or medical students will be paid for this work.

News, University News

Graduate Student Council receives update on new bias reporting system

December 6, 2018 0 comments

The Graduate Student Council heard updates on a bias incident reporting system and clarified the timeline for unionization at its last general body meeting of the fall semester.

The second general body meeting of the Graduate Student Council this year discussed changes to grievance procedures and reported on the board’s various meetings with University administrators.

News, University News

Grad student council reviews grievance procedure

October 4, 2018 0 comments

At its second general body meeting of the semester, the Graduate Student Council listened to a presentation on a new draft of the Graduate Student Grievance Procedure and the executive board’s report on its meeting with Vice President for Campus Life Eric Estes on graduate student housing.

The GSC also voted to approve a slightly larger budget for this fall compared to last fall at the Graduate Student Lounge on Wednesday.

News, University News

Grad Student Council opens fall semester

September 5, 2018 0 comments

At its first general body meeting of the semester, the Graduate Student Council updated academic department representatives on new initiatives such as a revamped grievance procedure and a distinguished speaker series.

Graduate Student Council plans unionization forum, reviews budget

News, University News

February 8, 2018 0 comments

At its first general body meeting of the semester Wednesday evening, the Graduate Student Council announced its plans for a unionization forum this semester and voted on its spring budget.