Topic: Health and Wellness

Cress Health has created the Callie app for mental health, aimed at the younger population, which employs methods of journaling and reflection on a person’s health.

News, Science & Research

Cress Health provides mental wellness through mobile application

October 13, 2020 0 comments

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to fill hospitals with patients, healthcare workers battle the virus while trying to maintain their own mental health. Cress Health, a mental wellness company, seeks to help address burnout among healthcare workers.

In the Undergraduate  Council of Students 2019 Fall Poll, 59.1 percent of respondents said they were “somewhat uncomfortable” or “very uncomfortable” drinking tap water in their dorms.

News, University News

Facilities replaces hot water tanks, to install bottle fillers

February 21, 2020 0 comments

Since last spring, the Department of Facilities Management has replaced all of the hot water tanks on Wriston Quadrangle and in Graduate Center, wrote University Spokesperson Brian Clark in an email to The Herald.

Construction for the health and wellness center and residence hall is slated to begin in October.

News, University News

University selects architecture firm for health, wellness center, residential hall

February 1, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The Corporation’s Committee on Facilities and Campus Planning has selected architectural firm William Rawn Associates to design a new integrated health and wellness center and residence hall at 450 Brook St., said University Architect Collette Creppell.

Executive Director of Health and Wellness Vanessa Britto addressed the Brown University Community Council on Tuesday. The meeting covered topics including progress on the proposed health and wellness dorm at 450 Brook St.

News, University News

BUCC discusses future health, wellness dorm

October 9, 2018 Comments are Disabled

The University hopes to complete the new health and wellness center and dormitory at 450 Brook St. by fall 2021, said Vanessa Britto, executive director of health and wellness, at yesterday’s Brown University Community Council meeting.